1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Back To the Future....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony__P, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Anthony__P

Anthony__P Extra

I am sure this will start a heated argument, but does anyone have any kid of info regarding this DVD. First it was that Speilberg didn't want to release it back in 97. Then it went to the whole legal issue regarding the Eric Stoltz Footage. Now I thought all this got resolved. So can someone please tell me why Universal is sitting on their fat asses with this movie. You know what, I dont think I am going to go to their parks anymore until they release this movie on DVD. Who's with me!!!!!!!!!

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

http://www.bttf.com/dvd
    ------------------
    Kyle³
    ------------------
    ICQ# - 49909504

3. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Kyle - after reading that I don't know if I should laugh or cry. My best guess is by 2010, but with my luck they will all be P&S.
    Glenn

4. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    Maybe Biff got in the time machine and altered the video vaults at Universal so it no longer exists.
    I ask this question every day and have sent them emails quite frequently. I think they just delete them.
    They are sitting on a hot property and are doing nothing with it.
    How about a statement Universal?

5. Mike Harrison

Looks like it will be summer 2002. It's the best we've had going yet, but I've been so annoyed, these discs were announced back in 1997 as one of their first 10 DVD releases. I mean I don't mind waiting. I'd rather have a suped up, kick ass, Back To The Future Trilogy than a set of mediocre discs with trailers, but this is absolutely ridiculous. Release them already!

6. AaronMK

AaronMK Supporting Actor

Aaron Karp
    At this point, I don't think even an official announcement for the studio would convice me of a release date. I bet they could make a new triology from all the back and forth these titles have seen.

7. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan Screenwriter

I'll believe it when I see it, but all 3 films better be loaded and the transfers better be pristine!

8. Steven Philips

Steven Philips Auditioning

Well, when and if they do get released, I hope they are new transfers. This film was prepared for DVD release back in 1997. Technology in mastering DVD transfers has greatly improved since then. I would hope for brand new anamorphic transfers for all three films. I don't want to see transfers that were made in 1996.