What's new

Back to the Future Trilogy Boxset - Garage Sale find, what did I just buy? (1 Viewer)

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
Even though I already own the region 1 BTTF set, I found this at a garage sale for $1.00 for all 3.

I'll describe it the best I can, and hopefully someone here can tell me something about it.

The 3 films come in seperate tri-fold gatefold paper sleeves and are boxed in a cardboard sleeve.

The front of the box is as follows.

Near the top is a silver logo that says "The Movie Show".
Below that is the Delorean racing away with the flames behind it.
Below that car is the Back to the Future logo.
Near the bottom is the words "Trilogy Boxset" and to the right of that is the DVD-9 logo.

On the back cover is the following.

At the top is "Back to the Future Produced by Robert Lawrence written and Directed by Rod Lurie"

Below that is a description of the films.
"Presented by filmmaking legend Steven Spielberg, directed by Robert Zemeckis and starring time-travellers Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd, the phenomenally popular Back to the Future films are back for the first time ever on DVD! Digitally re-mastered and packed with additional footage and features you'll be able to relive the adventure time and time again."

It does have English Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS audio.

It's 1.85 anamorphic and does have the Pal logo.

The UPC # is 25190 302693

The individual sleeves have numerous spelling and grammar mistakes and the back says its from Warner Homw video.

Did I get a legit copy of an import or did I buy a stupid bootleg?

I played one and the menus are animated and does play on my region 1 player.

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
Darn, I was in such a hurry at the garage sale I didn't really look at it carefully enough.

I thought it may have been a All Region import.

Oh well, it's only $1.00.

Brenton

Screenwriter
You would think that bootleggers would do their research first. It would take them two seconds on IMDB.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Just think, you could have bought a lottery ticket with that $1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks