What's new

Back To The Future Trilogy Artwork Up- (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit
btflout.jpg

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/220686
Here is the picture of the Australian R4 set which may be the same as the R1 set coming out.
Spero D.

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. It looks great. But it's really only 3 discs then. I hope this doesn't compromise the quality.

Can't wait.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Australia (and the UK for that matter) often get fancy fold out card boxes where reg 1 equivalents get regular cases that slide into a flimsy sleeve box.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
So the website says August 21 is the day overseas. Is it safe to assume we can expect it state side about the same time?

One thing I have learned though, after these titles were announced in 1997 then went into TBA hell, it is never safew to assume.

- Matt

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Matt,
Your right not to assume anything with this release given the long and checkered history of cancelled and/or rumored release dates over the years. However, some sources are predicting a region 1 release in December of this year. Of course, I won't believe it until I'm holding the actual package/discs in my hand.
P.S. I like the region 4 packaging. Of course, at this point , I'd take the discs loose in an unmarked brown paper bag ;).

Jay Blair

Second Unit
I really think they're releasing this in Region 4 first so that those of us with Malata's or similar players, can get the set a couple months early, and save a few bucks. Just pre-ordered from EzyDVD last night for shipped cost (at today's exchange rate) of approx $35 ;).

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
To stop masses of people from R4 (and R2 when the trilogy is released in September) from ordering it from R1, thereby denying the local distributors revenue
But if you were to release it worldwide at the same time woould that not also accomplish this task?

-- Matt

Sam Owens

Stunt Coordinator
But if you were to release it worldwide at the same time would that not also accomplish this task?
You are asking a major studio to behave in a rational fashion - that would set a dangerous precedent (after all, it was the studios that wanted region coding, that device that now only provides a convenient abbreviation for the country a title comes from - at least it does for people outside R1).

It's nice to get something first in R4 for a change.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Why is it that the high replay titles only come in paper with security labels showing through the packaging??

I really wish studios would dump these horrible accordion cases.

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
The info from the link clearly states that the artwork is subject to change. I was never a big fan of BTTF II or III. I hope they come packaged separately in the US.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Shouldn't the title of this thread be labeled R4? We really don't know what the artwork will be for R1.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
There was suggestion from Digital Bits that the delay to the US release will be due to them having a few more supplements over the earlier international versions... this is somewhat common when international terriroties are treated to a DVD first only to have it bettered by the eventual R1 release.

Either way, R1 for me. I truly can not wait. What a fantastic autumn/winter season for DVD.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks