What's new

Back to the Future News!!! (1 Viewer)

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
"The groundbreaking Back to the Future Trilogy DVD starring Michael J. Fox and from the Academy Award ® - winning powerhouse team of Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis will feature an incredible array of all-new, never-before-seen bonus materials such as feature commentaries, outtakes and deleted scenes. Experience firsthand the exhilarating magic and unbelievable action scenes that set a new standard for adventure comedy films. Sign up today so we can keep you posted on the launch of the full BTTF Website and the BTTF Trilogy DVD release!"
Back to the Future Website

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
The groundbreaking Back to the Future Trilogy DVD starring Michael J. Fox and from the Academy Award ® - winning powerhouse team of Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis will feature an incredible array of all-new, never-before-seen bonus materials such as feature commentaries, outtakes and deleted scenes. Experience firsthand the exhilarating magic and unbelievable action scenes that set a new standard for adventure comedy films. Sign up today so we can keep you posted on the launch of the full BTTF Website and the BTTF Trilogy DVD release!
Wow, it sounds like they're not going to do a crappy release, then an Ultimate Edition. I know this has been rumored for so long, but to hear it straight from Universal is more re-assuring than the latest bit of negative news from TDB.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I guess it's now just a question of when is "coming soon." I wonder if July will be the (rumored) time.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see them try to release a "crappy" version first and then an Ultimate Edition. Can you say, screaming bloody murder? I think they know they've sat on this forever and if they don't put out something incredible, they will find work on a deserted island as a coconut catcher.

Bruce

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I hope we don't get the shaft for the Other two films. I despise when studios give the shaft to sequals..

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
"...Trilogy DVD..."

"...adventure comedy films."

"...and the BTTF Trilogy DVD release!"

I think we can expect all of them.

The pictures on the site are from all three movies as well.

Andy_S

Second Unit
I believe when he said "shaft for the sequels" he meant that the first movie would be loaded with extras and the last two would be bare bones movie only DVD's.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
I believe that he was answering Michael G Hetman's question of "I hope they release the sequels also...." :)
-Chad

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>I believe when he said "shaft for the sequels" he meant that the first movie would be loaded with extras and the last two would be bare bones movie only DVD's>>
Exactly what I meant. Sorry for the confusion :).

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
Well, it does say "commentaries" plural...but that could mean multilple for the first one...

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Well, as if this isn't any surprise. Universal delays BTTF yet again. According to The Digital Bits:
One other Universal note (and consider this a rumor): we're now hearing that the studio's Back to the Future Trilogy on DVD has again been delayed from its tentative July release date, possibly out of a desire to re-release the films theatrically first. Hopefully, we'll hear more soon.
As much as I would love to see BTTF in the theater, I have already SEEN II and III in the theater; hence, I would much rather have these treasured films on DVD. I'm not really upset at Universal (since I knew it was too good of a rumor to be true), but I wish they would stick to a FRICKIN' rumored release date once in awhile! :angry:
EDIT: However, I would still love to see the original BTTF in the theater!

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
isn't this in some other threads? Not to mention the new news from the bits and dvdfile that Universal launched it's BTTF movie website (http://www.bttfmovie.com). The Digital Bits seems to think that we're gonna be seeing the trilogy on DVD sooner than we think, possibly before July.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I have mentioned before that I have an aquaintance who works at the Universal distribution center here in town. He's a low-level grunt, so I take anything he says with a grain of salt.

However, it's worth noting that he believes that the idea of a BTTF theatrical re-release is a load of horse$#!+. He says that they're gearing up to distribute those titles on home video in the coming months, although noone there will yet say when.

No scoop here fellas, just continued validation that it's on it's way to DVD, and the new site seems to validate it as well. I doubt it would be promoting the DVD release of the trilogy if there was any chance of a theatrical rerelease first.

Finally, I'll remind everyone that this indeed has been discussed here before. The Bits seems to be repeating the rumor that Dark Horizons published, which DH came late to and has already been squashed. I think Bill Hunt just wasn't thinking straight when he repeated that. And it's understandable, since DH is usually a "reputable" source of rumors, if such a thing exists. However, I'm sure DH got news hungry and posted something they normally wouldn't give the time of day to, and now it's got all of our panties in a wad.

I'll believe that this film is on DVD when they pry the disc into my cold, dead hands. However, I don't believe for a second that it will be back in theaters first, esp. with E.T. going to theaters the same year.

Andy_S

Second Unit
This is a never ending soap opera. Now MORE BTTF DVD news from the Bits:
Look Ma... two Rumor Mill updates in one day! Just thought you all might like to know: we've checked in with more of our sources, who have learned that Universal is now targeting December for the release of The Back to the Future Trilogy on DVD. No word yet on whether there will be a theatrical re-release this summer first, but it's possible.
Also, if they are going to release it in the theater, does that mean they're going to release one per year or all three in a short time span or what?
Edit:
I know sites hate when you quote their site since it keeps people from going over there, but there's also another rumor about a certain Speilberg movie in the works. One that I've been looking forward to! So check it out:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I think Universal just has to get the balls to finally announce an official release date and release the discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks