What's new

Back to the Future is REALLY coming!!!! (1 Viewer)

John Simon

Second Unit
FINALLY!!!
Dark Horizons is reporting that the British Board of Film Classics has approved a 182-second long trailer for the DVD release of Back to the Future. The actual BBFC announcement can be seen here: http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...A?OpenDocument
After so many false hopes, it looks like we're finally getting one of the best movie trilogies ever!
EDIT: I fixed the link...sorry :b

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Your link goes to a blank page with the site header. I did a search on the site for Back to the Future and found a page dated Nov 20, 2001 saying a 3min 2sec DVD trailer was approved with no cuts.
:D
Good Find my friend.

John Simon

Second Unit
I think that this really isn't a "rumor". The BBFC is an official organization, and they've approved a DVD trailer. There's no rumor involved in that.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
If this pans out, this is certainly excellent news. Note: I'm not doubting your source, but even the best info doesn't mean the DVD won't get delayed again. Here's hoping!

Tom Czr

Agent
I think to qualify as the greatest movie trilogy ever more than one film has to actually be good.

John Simon

Second Unit
Tom: Good point, although I still think there are parts of 2 and 3 that aren't bad. Heck, I think the first film alone makes the entire trilogy great, if for no other reason than they share the same name ;)

MichaelG

Second Unit
The post says nothing about being the greatest movie trilogy ever, it says...

"one of the best movie trilogies ever!"

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Why do you guys continue to build my hopes up? ;) Yes I want BTTF, but come on. I'll believe it when I see it.
Jon

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I still think the second one is most clever of all of them. The first one is defineately the best though, in sheer "Wow!!!" factor.EDIT: So when is apple.com going to put this DVD trailer up?

Shad R

Supporting Actor
why did Universal give Columbia the rights to do oversea's releasing??? That is dumb, cause it's one of the best known trilogy's ever! Does anyone know the answer to this?

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Shad- I believe it was a former head of Universal that had no faith in the DVD format. He decided to sell the foreign rights of DVD to Columbia. And that's why we weren't seeing the BTTF DVDs until now. If this is true, can someone please confirm it and post the name of the former head of Universal that did this atrocity?
Man, I hope they do a 16x9 anamorphic transfer with DTS sound! :)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
There have been some legal issues holding up the release of this trilogy. At least that is what I read, but the article didn't elaborate on what those issues were. Does anyone know if it's because of supposed footage with Eric Stoltz that was used? I know that Stoltz was originally cast as Marty and supposedly some of his footage made its way the movie. I've never looked for it, though.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I do not think Universal will use a new transfer or re-compress the video to today's standards. This'll probably look like Men In Black's video quality. MIB (also an Amblin/Spielberg owned title) had been similarly held back and its video transfer was recycled.

Hope I'm wrong.

Dan

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Oh YEAH!! Please let it be true! Please!

This is by far the best trilogy ever made BTW!

Not to mention my favorite!!!

Oh man I'll go ape shit if this is finally released!!!

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Actually I'll go more than ape shit, I'll go ballistic.

No one could be more excited than me, When/if I have this trilogy in my hands I'll calmly unwrap them, put them on their special place on the rack, then run outside and do cartwheels in the snow, kiss the neighbors dog, run around the block telling everyone...!!!!!!!

And if Real Genius is released soon also I'll.........

Ah..better take a Xanax............

Gavin_L

Second Unit
dvdfile.com has some interesting news on the trilogy, just another confirmation that this wonderful trilogy will be coming soon, sometime in the third quarter of 2002 :)

John Simon

Second Unit
Tom_G:

I've really begun to doubt those old rumors that there were legal problems holding up these movies, especially dealing with Eric Stoltz. I say this because we've basically had multiple sources claim that the reason for the delay has been that stupid deal Universal made giving up it's DVD rights. I really doubt they'd produce the DVDs (which was claimed), and then leave them sitting around in a warehouse for a couple years waiting for the expiration of that deal. Just my $0.02...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks