What's new

Back To The Future coming to 4K 2020 (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I’m hoping tcm or fathom does a special event for the first film this year.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I thought that was on the DVD?

Yes, it was. It's been years since I watched the supplements for that — it was in the trailer IIRC — but my overall point, which I should have made in the first place is that Zemeckis doesn't do recuts. The one movie I would actually like to see him get a do-over on is Death Becomes Her.

Even if the placement of shorts sparked the falling out between Michael Eisner and Steven Spielberg, doing Who Framed Roger Rabbit was to the benefits of Parts 2 and 3 of Back to the Future. Reciprocally, it also made up for Disney passing on the latter when they objected to certain elements of the plot. But they did get a Disney veteran: Hal Gausman, set decorator of — you guessed it — Bedknobs and Broomsticks. That partially explains the undersea party and Marty bobbing along singing a song by a guy named Charles.

Last edited:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I figured that if he wanted it back in that much, it would have been back since that DVD came out before Disney stopped offering alternate/multiple cuts. Even if they found and released the Eric Stoltz footage, it would probably be in a very rough condition and the effects would be not nearly as polished as that.

Forrest Gump also had a making-of documentary that showed two scenes that eventually ended up on the cutting room floor: parallel scenes showing Forrest and Jenny throwing rocks at a pond in Greenbow, Alabama as children and then as adults.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks