1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Back To The Future coming to 4K 2020

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke Cinematographer

Anthony
    Still my childrens' favourite movies. They'll be competing for my Blu ray set after I get the 4K!

Osato likes this.
  2. Osato

Osato Producer

I’m hoping tcm or fathom does a special event for the first film this year.

3. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

I thought that was on the DVD?

4. Message #24 of 26 Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Yes, it was. It's been years since I watched the supplements for that — it was in the trailer IIRC — but my overall point, which I should have made in the first place is that Zemeckis doesn't do recuts. The one movie I would actually like to see him get a do-over on is Death Becomes Her.

Even if the placement of shorts sparked the falling out between Michael Eisner and Steven Spielberg, doing Who Framed Roger Rabbit was to the benefits of Parts 2 and 3 of Back to the Future. Reciprocally, it also made up for Disney passing on the latter when they objected to certain elements of the plot. But they did get a Disney veteran: Hal Gausman, set decorator of — you guessed it — Bedknobs and Broomsticks. That partially explains the undersea party and Marty bobbing along singing a song by a guy named Charles.

5. WillG

WillG Lead Actor

Was also in the network television broadcast.

MatthewA likes this.
  6. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I figured that if he wanted it back in that much, it would have been back since that DVD came out before Disney stopped offering alternate/multiple cuts. Even if they found and released the Eric Stoltz footage, it would probably be in a very rough condition and the effects would be not nearly as polished as that.

Forrest Gump also had a making-of documentary that showed two scenes that eventually ended up on the cutting room floor: parallel scenes showing Forrest and Jenny throwing rocks at a pond in Greenbow, Alabama as children and then as adults.