What's new

Back to the Future again confirmed (1 Viewer)

Jon_B

Screenwriter
We are doing all new transfers from newly struck elements made from the original negative. And when I say newly struck, I mean brand newly struck. These are being mastered (as most movies are these days) in high definition, and the NTSC versions will be down-converted from these new high def masters. There will be separate versions for letterbox (1.85) and standard (1.33) versions
Good News :emoji_thumbsup:
Jon

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
If they don't include the Eric Stoltz footage and a DTS track, then I'm not buying this piece of cr^p....

Just kidding. Will get it day 1. And then I will go back in time to 1997 and bring the DVD to our past selves so we can erase the 5 years of waiting from existence....

And thankfully they are doing new masters and eliminating the possibility of us receiving those rumored DVDs that were already printed.....

I can't wait.

This is heavy!

MichaelG

Second Unit
Whew! I think we can finally put an end to rumors about BTTF coming out. This movie alone almost makes me want to upgrade to an HD set, but since it's 6+ months away, it is very possible. Geez, a projector might be even better!

I have never seen this movie in widescreen and I am really looking forward to it. I ave been waiting since the first announcement/rumor back in 1997, so a few more months should be easy.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I've never seen the first one in Widescreen, but I still remember seeing 2 and 3 in the theaters. Even though the widescreen image seems to have faded from my mind after watching the Pan and Scan version for so long.
But, after waiting 5 years for this movie, it better be the best damned Special Edition Ever put out. ALL THREE. Don't diss the other films just because they are sequals, Universal. That's my number one DVD Pet Peeve right there :). I wanna see Directors commentary on each one, and behind the scenes footage, and I'll be happy :). Maby even a special mail in offer with a bonus disc, the video on the VHS box set with that Growing Pains kid answering peoples mail about the movie...
Othat than that, it's about time. Too bad Michael J.Fox and Christopher Loyd can't do an MST3K style Actors commentary. THAT would be cool :).

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
This is heavy!!
Seriously, I can't wait!!!
I'll be preordering the trilogy within seconds of the offical release date!!

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Why is everything 'heavy' in 1985? Is there some kind of problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?

LOOK! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up!

Matthew H

Second Unit
Hallelujia!

The justice system works more swiftly in the future now that they've abolished all lawyers.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
Sweet confirmation at last...NOW STICK TO IT THIS TIME!:D ;)
Sincerely,
John "I'm getting it, come Hell or high water" Kilduff

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Excellent news!

2 down (Godfather & BTTF), 2 to go (Original Star Wars Trilogy & Indiana Jones Trilogy) -- for me at least.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
All I'm saying is that if they cut the Libyan stuff from the beginning of the first one, I'm going to be very upset.

I'm going to make like a tree and get out of here.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
I'd get this with or without the Eric Stolz footage, but that would be the best extra possible IMO.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Y'know, I was thinking that there needs to be a certain supplement added to the 3rd film, to give me the exact Original Theater Presentation experience.
I need them to find the girl I was seeing at the time ("D.J."), and have her sit to my right during the climactic scenes with the train. In order to duplicate my original experience, she needs to dig in her long, sharp fingernails into my un-muscular right bicep for the entire length of that scene.
She, um, was a strong girl, too. I will *never* forget that experience.
THAT is the only way to duplicate my original experience. Do you think Zemeckis can duplicate that somehow? :laugh:

Lewis_W

Agent
I am exploding with excitement. It looks like our years of waiting are finally over.
YAHOO!!!!!
Lewis.
MARTY - "Jesus, you somke too?"
MARTY'S MOTHER IN 1955 - "Marty, you're beginning to sound just like my mother!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks