1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Back to the drawing board, please help.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dominic Ryan, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Dominic Ryan

Dominic Ryan Extra

Hi All,
    I went and had a demo of some XGA DLP based projectors, and I think the upgrade from my Kodak V600 will be worth it. I had my sights on the HP XB31, so I rang HP to try and locate a dealer, only to be informed that the XB31 won't be sold in Australia. This is due to the HP/Compaq merger which means only Compaq projectors will be sold here, and the Compaq projectors were more expensive, and didn't have the specs of the HP[​IMG] .
    So now I'm back to the drawing board. Can anyone give me some suggestions on a good XGA projector (preferably DLP) for home theater for around $4500USD or under? I'll be mainly using it for DVD, but I want it as future proof as possible. Thanks.

2. Dominic Ryan

Dominic Ryan Extra

Back again [​IMG]
    Yet another twist in the saga that is my projector purchasing decision [​IMG] . My girlfriend asked me what I was going to do when watching sporting events when I'll would want a fair level of ambient light around. This was something I actually hadn't given any great thought to. I'm now looking at the Compaq iPAQ MP 4800 which is the brightest & most feature rich XGA DLP projector within my $4500USD price limit. Does anyone know if this projector is any good.