Back to the drawing board, please help.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dominic Ryan, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Dominic Ryan

Dominic Ryan Extra

Hi All,
    I went and had a demo of some XGA DLP based projectors, and I think the upgrade from my Kodak V600 will be worth it. I had my sights on the HP XB31, so I rang HP to try and locate a dealer, only to be informed that the XB31 won't be sold in Australia. This is due to the HP/Compaq merger which means only Compaq projectors will be sold here, and the Compaq projectors were more expensive, and didn't have the specs of the HP[​IMG] .
    So now I'm back to the drawing board. Can anyone give me some suggestions on a good XGA projector (preferably DLP) for home theater for around $4500USD or under? I'll be mainly using it for DVD, but I want it as future proof as possible. Thanks.

2. Dominic Ryan

Dominic Ryan Extra

Back again [​IMG]
    Yet another twist in the saga that is my projector purchasing decision [​IMG] . My girlfriend asked me what I was going to do when watching sporting events when I'll would want a fair level of ambient light around. This was something I actually hadn't given any great thought to. I'm now looking at the Compaq iPAQ MP 4800 which is the brightest & most feature rich XGA DLP projector within my $4500USD price limit. Does anyone know if this projector is any good.