Back on the Market...

Diallo B

Screenwriter
So, i get promoted to a great new position, buy a nice car, have all my stuff together and still can't manage to make it work with my now ex girl.

Arrrrrrghhh. How frustrating after a year and a half.

I finally figured it all out. It seems like the more successful I became the more insecure she became. After I got this new job and new car and a modeling gig she just started acting all funny.

We talked a few nights ago and she had this I don’t know if I am ready for this type of relationship speech. I told her of her ignorance, and was like I can’t live like this. I gave her a hug, and a peck and said see you next lifetime.

I’m tired. 32 years old, no kids, no record, no stds, college educated, good job, good credit, halfway decent looking, not crazy.

Young chicks……

Honestly, the only thing I am even half way pissed off about at this point is the time I wasted and damn was she fine.

You know how tough it is to find a chick that wakes up looking good?

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
As a confirmed bachelor, you might want to look inside yourself and reconsider your feelings towards her Diallo. Communication,compromise,and old fashioned consideration for each other is always appreciated. We all learn from our mistakes,good luck.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
not the first time that i have heard that. and it is something that i have worked on.

but in this particular situation i broke all the rules. she was not an ideal candidate by far and did everything possible to make this one work. usually i would just let someone flutter in the breeze, but i fought to make this one work.

yes, i want a decent looking woman. i hope that does not prevent me from finding a quality woman. does that make me shallow. i don't think so. but as usual ymmv.

Diallo B

Screenwriter

at this point i don't want to win her heart.

she is a selfish vamp. i wish i had acted on the signs earlier. honestly and to my detriment her beauty kept me around longer than i should have been. so perhaps my that was my shallowness coming to bite me in the ass.

as i stated in my post above, i'm tired. when it was good, it was really good. probably one of the best relationships i have had. but when it went bad it went really bad....

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
While I'm not sure how you meant this, I would not consider these two statements to be the same.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
You still learn from the loves you lose. Maybe you each just picked the wrong one and found out that the square peg wouldn't go into the round hole.

Holadem, you need to get a Jaguar.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Make it happen Chu, I would love to "unwrap a Jaguar" this winter like the commercial sayz.

Diallo, don't feel bad. Many of us have put up with some rough shit to keep boffing some superlative rack. They say that one grows out of it at some point.

--
H

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
or maybe she didn't change at all - maybe, the more successful you became, the less you were willing to put up with the things you were willing to put up with before?

I know my ex hadn't changed one bit. The thing that DID change was how I viewed her. When I was with her, I was a bit less confident and didn't realize all of the crap I was putting up with. Now that I have more confidence, I couldn't BEGIN to imagine putting up with her.

She didn't change...She seemed to have gotten less confident, but in fact, it was my confidence that made it appear that she had changed.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Ever see that movie 'Crazy People', Holadem? Dudley Moore plays an ad exec who winds up in a mental institution. One of his ads was for a Jaguar and the captions read, "For men who want handjobs from women they hardly know."

Colton

Supporting Actor
Weird. I always thought girls flocked to guys who can offer them comfort and security. I guess she wants to be the bread winner in the family.

- Colton

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

No offense, but most girls who are dating a successful guy with a nice car and a model's looks do not give the "I don’t know if I am ready for this type of relationship" speech, they give the "where does our relationship stand" speech. That is, unless the successful, nice-car-driving model is so over the top that he doesn't pay attention to anyone but himself and even after she leaves him the only thing he can contemplate is "how the hell could she dump someone as perfect as me? Why, she must be insecure!!" Only when faced with that type of ego do they break out the "I don’t know if I am ready for this type of relationship" speech; usually because the are banging someone who actually pays attention to them. YMMV.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
You really mean to say a woman cannot dump you because you're too good to be true? Did they all lie to me?

--
H

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gullfo