back of tv *pic*

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by greg_lee, Mar 10, 2002.

1. greg_lee

greg_lee Extra

2. Scott Pagac

Scott Pagac Stunt Coordinator

If I am not mistaken, the UHF/VHF input is for your main cable/ant line. The AUX input is used if you want to make use of the picture in picture (PIP) option.

--Scott

3. greg_lee

greg_lee Extra

anyone?

4. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

Uh, Greg. I don't want to sound like an a-hole but you have read your owner's manual, right? What does it say?

5. CameronJ

CameronJ Stunt Coordinator

Greg,

My TV has a similar arrangement, 2 coax RF-in terminals and one coax RF-out terminal. On mine, the ins are labeled Antennas (ANT) A and B.

Years ago I used this setup to use a no-remote control cable-tv descrambler box to view some specific movie channels (I believe HBO and TMC). These channels, even though I had subscribed to them, required the box to descramble. I ran the cable from the wall into ANT-A, a cable from the RF-out to the descrambler, and a cable from the descrambler to ANT-B.

This allowed me to use my remote 95% of the time. If I wanted to watch HBO or TMC, I would switch to ANT-B.

Hope this helps.

6. Jeffrey R

Jeffrey R Stunt Coordinator

Similar to what has been said, the additional RF inputs/outputs are used for more flexibility in setting up your system. On my Sony HDTV, I use the 3 RF inputs/outputs to be able to use the Picture in Picture feature with a cable box and a VCR hooked up. I run the cable tv wire straight from the wall into my TV, as the TV's internal tuner is better than the cable box. I can use that for all non-scrambled cable tv channels. Then I use the "To Converter" and "Aux" to connect the tv, cable and vcr, so that to watch scrambled channels, I switch antennas on the remote to run the picture through the cable box. So on and so on. I just followed the instructions in the manual. There are different variations, so it depends on your set-up.