Back after 6-7 years

Martin Thoresen

Auditioning
Hello everyone, I was quite active on this forum for 6-7 years ago, when I used a Sony 9000 ES pre-amp.

I am sure someone remember that pre-amp, but I am very unsure if anyone remember me...

Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
ahh Sony's ES line.. "Elevated Standard" I believe it means. That was a looooong time ago

Hope you stay a while

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
You haven't missed much in the way of new audio formats...aside from stillborn (excuse me, "niche") products such as SACD and DVD-A, the format landscape hasn't changed much. CD is still the king of hi-fi stereo (taking availability into account), with DD and DTS still battling it out for 5.1 supremacy.

And I think we'll be able to say the same thing in another 7 years.

Martin Thoresen

Auditioning
Thanks for the welcome back's!

I don't have a surround system anymore, and I haven't bought anything new hifi-wise since 2002 or something, but I have a normal stereo system with a cute little Nad 320 integrated amp.

I am planning to buy the Marantz PM 15 and SA 15 set soon, as I've just got my own flat and recently started working in the electronics business again.

I must say, that special feeling of selecting what gear to buy and reading reviews is something that I've missed.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryparnel