What's new

Babylon 5 Season 1 COVER ART! (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
The box looks good. I'll be interested to know if the spines will go together in some fashion from season to season.

I promised a friend I'd watch B5 when it was on DVD in anamorphic widescreen. It's getting time to bite the bullet.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Just remember, John, it gets way better after the first season.

The box looks sweet. I like the orange motif.

Chris M

Second Unit
Hmm, wonder if they'll do this to Smallville, I have the pilot for it, watched it yesterday for the first time in anamorphic widescreen and 5.1 and it was fantastic! I can't wait to see the rest! The deleted scenes, the commentaries, even the map with the info of where Smallville was filmed (Vancouver and area) were really cool extras!
Anyway, back to topic.
I never really got into B5, I watched the pilot a long time ago and it didn't interest me, but MAYBE I should consider giving the first season a try anyway, not only to support Warner season sets, but also to see what the fans are so excited about! :)
Chris.

Chris M

Second Unit
I can see at the top of the spine it also says "The Complete First Season"
So don't fret, it's there :)
But it definately doesn't say any more than that (ie, Signs & Portents).
Chris.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Chris,
I am with you on Smallville. I wish they would release the rest of the episodes.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings
Funny thing about B5 is that even the first season gets way better after the first season. :)
Watching Season 1 again after season 4 for instance ... quite a different experience.
Regards

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Good Thing: Signs & Portents!!!
Weird Thing: Are those Vorlon vessels?
The UK release is set around 10/14. If WB intends to sell this at the Buffy price (as theorized at R2), I'm gonna be in hog heaven.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Good Grief - one of the studios has finally hired someone capable of producing decent original cover art. I almost fell off my seat in shock. ;)
Really looking forward to this release; I am probably alone in thinking the later seasons don't hold a candle to season 1.

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor
PhilipG:

You're not alone. I thought Sinclair had class, though I know I'm in the minority who didn't appreciate President Bill Sheridan.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Season three is the best - IMO. Or at least it has the best title sequence :D
After waiting for years to finally watch the Messages from Earth - Point of No Return - Severed Dreams trilogy, I missed the last and porobably the best one due to car troubles that day! :angry:
I never really watched season 5 but I did see that last ep (Sleeping in Light)
Who the heck is Bill Sheridan?
--
Holadem

Brian E

Screenwriter
Ok I know it's not from Season 1, but it's time for one of my favorite quotes.

"Who am I? I'm Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrei and Sofie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance, and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I'm death incarnate and the last living thing that you're ever going to see. God sent me."
:)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
You're not alone. I thought Sinclair had class, though I know I'm in the minority who didn't appreciate President Bill Sheridan.
You don't mean John "now get the hell out of my galaxy" Sheridan do you ? :)
I love B5, but there was some truly awful dialogue in there (and some truly awful acting in places)

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor
I was referring to the way Bruce Boxleitner began to look and sound a lot like Bill Clinton as the seasons progressed.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Yeah, I certainly got that!! :)
I think my favourite moment ever was in Season 3 where we got the classic "Who'd have thought they were French" line for Marcus.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks