What's new

Babylon 5 scripts being published - including the alternate B5 outline with Sinclair (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Holy shit I just found out about the new B5 project, where the heck have I been!

htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Man I am so happy, I just wanna see something, anything set in that universe, wooohooooooooo!!!

--
H

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Volume # 10 is now available.

VOLUME 10 CONTAINS THESE SCRIPTS:
• Rumors, Bargains and Lies
• Moments of Transition
• No Surrender, No Retreat
• The Exercise of Vital Powers
• The Face of the Enemy
• Intersections in Real Time
(A Passing Shadow)
• Between the Darkness and the Light
Hot on the heels of the first screening at the February 2007 New York Comic Con of the director's video blogs for Babylon 5: The Lost Tales comes Volume 10, which might as well be called Babylon 5: The Lost Arc.

Read in more detail than ever announced what steps were taken to truncate the 5 year arc into 4 years at the request of Warner Bros...and the previously unknown back-room maneuvering underway to try and save that last important year.

Discover a lengthy memo to TNT for an ALTERNATE VERSION OF SEASON FIVE, with a whole new overarching story that would have been keyed to building the empire that was now the Interstellar Alliance.

Most startling of all, this volume contains a recently uncovered FULL LENGTH TREATMENT for the B5 sequel series JMS had proposed before Crusade, that was his first choice over what eventually became Crusade, a series that would have starred Sheridan, Delenn, G'Kar, Marcus, one of the Zathrii, and several others in a story set against the backdrop of the Alliance attempting to create interstellar peace.

And on the back cover, the full-color illustration done by artist Peter Ledger that showed, for the first time ever, what the interior of the Garden area of Babylon 5 would look like.

As if all that were not enough, add 56 pages of original introduction and commentary written just for this volume, AND the full, original production drafts for some of the most pivotal and fan-favorite episodes of Season Four.

(What's that you ask? What the heck is "A Passing Shadow" and how did this script transmute itself into "Intersections in Real Time" by way of one of the most amazing coincidences in television history? Get Volume 10 and find out.)

$10 off through Tuesday, March 6 2007

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

I bout Vol. 10

And there was a short story about what happens to Marcus in an issue of Amazing Stories. I have it on a bookshelf here somewhere.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
No follow up?

I enjoyed the book, seemed a little short, but packed, with the Year 5 that never was, Babylon 5 Rangers Treatment and lots of little bits and peices. Bring on Vol. 11!

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I just got the email. Volume 12 ships in August. :emoji_thumbsup:

Also, they are releasing a "Lost Tales" soundtrack CD! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just received the email about Vols 14 and 15. You can order them right now. JMS will be signing all Vol 15 copies, so there will be a 3 week or so delay on shipping them. See all details at Volume 14 : CafePress.com

Neil

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I got my email. I'll be placing my order for 14 (and 15) this weekend. For a project that was supposed to last about a year, it stretched out into 2.5 years.

But easch volume has been worth the wait.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
And now those of us who ordered it either have it or will have it soon. My copy arrived yesterday. I went straight for the the "original" B5 outline written in between the pilot movie and the series. It was quite interesting.

Neil

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The B5 script team just announced that there will be doing at least one volume including the scripts not written by JMS. With any luck they'll be including the 3 non-JMS Crusade scripts and thus have 21 scripts in three volumes. We'll have to wait for more information to see exactly what's going to happen.

Neil

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
The cover does say "Volume 1" so I think it's safe to assume at least two volumes. The names not listed are Scott Frost ("The Long Dark"), Kathryn Drennan ("By Any Means Necessary") and Neil Gaiman ("Day of the Dead"). Since Cristy Marx, David Gerrold and Marc Scott Zircee only wrote one episode each, it's also safe to assume they won't be appearing in Volume 2. Presumably, they will be replaced by the other three (assuming JMS was successful getting the permission of all involved).

I'm hoping that the non-JMS Crusade scripts are released with the rest of the scripts from that series instead.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Apparently there will be three volumes containing all 18 episodes that JMS did not write. All but 2 of the scripts have gotten approval from the author and according the the website, they don't anticipate the other 2 being a problem.

For those keeping count:

Larry DiTillio - 7
D.C. Fontana - 3
Peter David - 2
Kathryn Drennan - 1
Scott Frost - 1
Neil Gaiman - 1
David Gerrold -1
Christy Marx - 1
Marc Scott Zicree - 1

Some of the extras will include a 9000 word introduction in V2 by Kathryn Drennan (Mrs. JMS) and an unused outline for an epsiode by David Gerrold.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
So the two "pending" scripts are either both of Peter David's or the scripts from Scott Frost and Neil Gaiman. One figures that Kathryn Drennan's permission was not hard to get. :D

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'm guessing one of them is Gaiman's "Day of the Dead", because it has been published as a stand-alone book and there may be legal issues to iron out before it can be included in the "Other Voices" set.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks