What's new

Babylon 5 scripts being published - including the alternate B5 outline with Sinclair (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Their shipping department still needs some work. :) I've been ordering two copies of each volume starting with Volume 2 (I ordered a 2nd copy of Volume 1 after placing my original order.) For Volumes 4, 5, 6 and 8 they shipped one copy, even though both the packing list and the invoice showed 2 copies ordered. (A call to customer service resulted in a second copy being shipped immediately, 2nd day air, freight free.)

Regards,

Joe

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
I need some help from long time B5 watchers.

In volume 7's intro, JMS states

Marcus is not dead. He has been placed in a cryogenic freeze. This was revealed towards the end of the series

For some reason I never remembered that. Does any know which episode this was revealed in?

Andy

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Thanks Paul it was Sleeping in Light

From the Lurkers Guide:

I guess when I read the note about him not being dead, I took that to mean he was barely alive and suspended in the cryofreeze. From the info below, it looks like he is dead.

Text of the display on Marcus' suspension chamber in the closing credits:

CRYOGENIC SUSPENSION CHAMBER
SUBJECT: Marcus Cole
Designation: Ranger
Comments: Indefinite Hold in the event of new resuscitation technology

REQUESTED BY: CMDR. S. IVANOVA

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Ivanova's plans in the matter are mentioned in the dialogue in "Endgame" if I'm not mistaken, and confirmed in the item in the "SiL" credits. Not that nothing's changed almost 17 years later, though. JMS has always left the matter of whether or not "Space, Time..." is canon or not the to taste of the individual fan. Some prefer to believe the story "real", some ignore it and assume that everything remained status quo. The story's implications are really pretty disturbing if you think about them, and there was a lot of debate on the 'net at the time it was published. Personally I think the words "obessive", "stalker" and "creepy" apply. My personal theory has always been that JMS wrote the story as a way of saying, "OK, you want this resolved? How's this for a resolution" to those fans who bugged him about the matter for years on end. (And possibly to Jason Carter. :))

Regards,

Joe

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Marcus wasn't found until the beginning of "Rising Star" so I doubt anyone would have been discussing what do with his body until then and I don't recall any dialogue concerning her plans (except her turning down command of B5 to take over the "Warlock"-class ship).

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I think Joe might've misremembered that one bit -- it comes from the onscreen text during the end credits of "Sleeping in Light," printed on Marcus's cryotube:

CRYOGENIC SUSPENSION CHAMBER
SUBJECT:
Marcus Cole
DESIGNATION: Ranger
COMMENTS: Indefinite Hold in the event of new resuscitation technology

REQUESTED BY: CMDR. S. IVANOVA

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Interesting note for the next volume announcement.

Anyone know what the little something JMS is announcing this week will be?

Andy

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Yeah, I sometimes lose track of episodes. Somewhere in the dialogue between Franklin and Ivanova it is revealed the Marcus is being held in cryonic storage, rather than being prepped for burial or autopsy as one might expect under the circumstances. This despite the fact that the two of them are speaking about him as of one dead. So the fact that he's frozen is set up early, but Susan doesn't say anything about it that we heare, and then in "SiL" we find out that Ivanova has kept him that way for 17 years.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Nope. :) Apparently he dropped a tiny hint at an appearance last week, but swore everyone present to secrecy even about that much, and so far everybody is keeping their traps shut. Joe commands a rule of omerta that the old Mafia dons would admire. Generally speaking, when he asks fans to keep their traps shut, they do. At least no one is spilling any details to me. (And I have compromising pictures of some of these people. ;))

We'll just have to wait for the official word. Now, as it happens he mentioned in volume 8 that he's had another in a periodic series of meetings with Warner Bros. about maybe, possibly, somehow doing some kind of project in the B5 universe. These have been happening every couple of years since Crusade folded its tent, and for the most time they lead to precisely nothing. But he did mention this particular meeting, revealed that it included one of WB's former B5 liason execs, who was in from the corporate offices in New York, told how he reminded all of those present that this was the only ex-PTEN show that had earned WB half-a-billion dollars on DVD worldwide and about which they still had meetings. He also said that this meeting might have a little more behind it that most of the others - but that he couldn't say more at the time he was writing the intro to the script book. Maybe by later in the summer.

Later in the summer just happens to coincide with the San Diego Comic Con, the one and only convention appearance he is almost certain to make, and one of the few where the studios and TV networks have a real presence because of the Con's proximity to Hollywood.

I'm just saying...

But really, we'll have to wait until he announces whatever it is. Assuming he gets the greenlight to do so by this week.

Personally I'll be more interesting in getting details on his original screenplay The Changling, which has been acquired by Imagine Entertainment, and if Ron Howard has made up his mind about directing it.

Regards,

Joe

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I'm not trying to start any kind of argument, but there is nothing in the dialogue between Frankling and Ivanova about Marcus's current status. It's all about her regrets over not being nicer to him and "boffing" him when she had the chance. ;)

The only indication I remember about his "fate" is from the end credits of SiL

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

This is really starting to bug me now because I'm sure there is something somewhere in that episode where someone talks about Marcus being a Rangersicle. I remember it so clearly from when the episode first aired and the debate began. :) Of course, any cop or shrink will tell you what an unreliable thing memory can be. I'm now doubly ticked off that I'm in mid-rennovation (things go slowly when it is mostly do-it-yourself) and so much of my stuff is packed and stacked in plastic storage bins lining the walls of several rooms. I have no idea which box my B5 S4 set is sitting in. And we aren't that far in the script books. :D

Anybody want to go through the whole episode and help me out, here? :crazy:

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

no I don't think its this as this was mentioned in the exact same email that I listed the quote in.

It wouldn't make any sense to say "and a little something JMS plans to announce this week" and then two lines later in the same email talk about the limited edition prints.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks