What's new

Babylon 5 scripts being published - including the alternate B5 outline with Sinclair (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Volume 3 is now available for online ordering.

Email coupons:

Get $5 off any quote store item with you purchase of Volume 3. This applies to all items in the quote store.

COUPON CODE: B5JAN5.

Note: Only 1 coupon per order.
--------------

Plan on getting a bunch of stuff? Well, we want to help you do that with a BIG incentive. Spend $75 and we'll give you $15 off your order. That's $75 worth of stuff for just $60

Your can buy $75 worth of just books, just quote stuff or a combo of both.

Coupon code B5JAN15

Note: Only 1 coupon per order
------------------

Neil

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Neil, thanks for the coupon code!

I just ordered Vol 3. I am sure I will inhale it like I did the other 2 volumes already!

Andy

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The Volume 4 script book is available today. Go to cafe press to order.

By the way, there is a general cafe press coupon available until February 14. CUPID5 will give you $5 off of orders over $50 and CUPID10 will give you $10 off of orders over $100. You can combine items from other cafe press stores if you'd like to increase your buying. (I bought a Neverwhere t-shirt from John M. Ford's store.)

Neil

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The 5th volume of the B5 scripts is available right now for the discounted price of $29.99 as usual for a week (through Thursday night this time).

There's a new section of quote items: The Babylon 5 Core Questions: Who are you? What do you want? etc. on shirts and mugs and such.

There is a cafe press coupon:

if your order is over $40, you can get $4 off by using the discount code March4. Good through March 14.

For those quick off the mark, someone found another coupon:

CafePress coupon code for $5 off on $20 or more purchase:
DULLSHOWLS
This code expires 3/12/06

Neil

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Vol 5 has some interesting items

It turns out that at 482 pages Volume 5 is by far the biggest volume yet and that's because JMS found something a little extra for this volume...an alternate version of the season three debut, "Matters of Honor," the story JMS wanted to tell from the git-go.

There's also 20 pages worth of previously-unseen memos from the third season of Babylon 5.

AND FINALLY...a 57 page introduction and episodic commentary by JMS describing in detail for the first time:

• How he went about constructing the B5 season finales;

• The untold tales of his teenage "life of crime" and why it gave the Hugo award win so much more meaning;

• The day he turned down the possibility of seeing a naked lady in deference to a set of really well cooked baby-back ribs;

• How and why Jason Carter was hired as Marcus Cole;

• Detailed recollections of the Lunch Table Political Wars that daily roared through the Babylon 5 main stage;

• How the elevator scene with Londo and G'Kar was filmed;

• And for the first time ever...the never-before-told story of the day that Babylon 5 almost came to a complete and total stop in the middle of season three. "The day we almost lost the show," as JMS describes it.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Neil, for that voucher.

That original script for Matters of Honor sounds interesting. Apparently the B-story is the same, but the A-story involves the founder of the Babylon Project coming to the station, which certainly sounds interesting.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Looks like I lost my HTF subscriptions. Just chiming in because this thread helps me remember to buy the scripts! :D I still need to go back and buy a few of the older ones.

The $10 off coupon is useful. I think I'll use it to catch up on a few of the ones I didn't get on release week.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Why is there a topic about television Scripts about a science fiction series in a forum that deals with TV Shows on DVD. This forum should be moved to the proper forum.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Because you read the scripts while watching the DVDs of the episodes.

This thread has been around for months. If the moderators had a problem with it, it would have been moved by now.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Interesting article about the script books in particular, and the print-on-demand biz in general, in USA Today. I'm mildly surprised that "only" 18,000 copies have been sold through the time the article was researched - unless that was supposed to indicate an average sale of 18,000 per volume. 18,000 copies would be a serious flop for a regular publisher, especially when you take returns into account, but given the economics of print-on-demand and that the bulk of each script volume was written (and paid for) years ago, I can see where JMS would have turned a quite decent profit so far.

The other problem with print-on-demand is the errors - although Cafe Press has been very good about correcting problems. I've been buying two copies of each volume. I decided to do so after ordering volume 1, so I just put in a second order. Starting with volume 2 I ordered two copies at a time - but for volumes 4, 5, and 6 I only received one copy while being billed for 2 and had to call customer service to get the second one shipped. With volume 7 I once again received both copies in the same package, the result of improvements to their order processing and shipping departments, I'm told. There have also been physical problems with some of the books, including missing pages. I haven't experienced that problem, but I just heard about a missing page in volume 7, which I haven't checked yet. I'll have to look my copies over when I get home. :)

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Apparently the last page of "And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place" Still haven't had a chance to check my copy.

Regards,

Joe

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Yes, the last page of "And The Rock Cried Out..." is missing from a few copies. I wrote to [email protected] and they are aware of the problem. If you have one of these, write to them and they will replace the book.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I'd like to see them use the concept art for T-shirts and other items in the "Joe Store". Since Cafe Press can do posters and post cards, that would be ideal.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Paul:

I thought that was such a good suggestion that I passed it on to JMS via the moderated newsgroup. Here's the result so far:

:)

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks