1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Babylon 5 scripts being published - including the alternate B5 outline with Sinclair

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by DaveGTP, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Andy_Bu

Andy_Bu Supporting Actor

Thanks for the feedback Neil.

It is slightly discocerting about the cover quality but I guess thats to be expected from a trade back type of feel. I too was hoping that these would be some how hard covered but in the end, if the material is worth it, the price should be of no concern to me.

Andy

2. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    I wouldn't worry too much about the cover, You can probably flatten it out by laying it upside down or packing it against other books on a bookshelf.

3. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    My tracking information hasn't updated since the 15th. The last update was an "outgoing" from a service center. Must be on the slow boat to Florida.

4. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    Same here. Apparently somebody revived the Pony Express and CafePress is using them. [​IMG]

Regards,

Joe

5. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    Finally an update. After 5-1/4 days between log updates, it is now in Jacksonville. It should be able to get to the local distribution center by overnight Monday, and then out for delivery Tuesday (in theory).

Hopefully, I'll get it before Thanksgiving though. We're going to my wife's family for Thankgsgiving, and I'm the only guy who will be there, which means I won't get to watch football. I'll need something to read.

6. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino
    Our two copies must be in the same saddlebag. [​IMG] Mine also cleared Jax today. Should be at the Riviera Beach distribution center by tomorrow morning. Depending on the breaks that means I'll probably get it Tuesday, possibly Monday. (Assuming Gamma cooperates and doesn't make some sort of unpredicted beeline for us. [​IMG])

No football on Thanksgiving? Being that you're the only guy I would have thought you'd get unquestioned and exclusive control of the remote, since there really isn't much else worth watching on Thanksgiving and the women in my family would rather talk than watch TV on a holiday anyway. Bummer, man!

Regards,

Joe

7. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    Thanksgiving isn't at my house, so I have no control. My wife is the only one who will be there who understands my need to watch football.

I'll still get my football fix next weekend. I have tickets to the FSU-UF game on Saturday and the ACC championship game in Jax the following week.

Back on topic though, I'll be placing my order for Volume 2 next weekend. I don't know if I want to do the supersaver shipping again. Between the printing issues and the long ship time, this has taken forever. I can't take the wait. 3 frigging weeks.

8. Andy_Bu

Andy_Bu Supporting Actor

Mine is coming today! Should give me plenty of time to see if it is worth to order Vol 2

Andy

9. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Well, once you have the first volume you enjoy that while waiting for the second one. It seems that UPS is taking their time getting these across the country. Of course, delivery times for the next month or so are only going to be getting worse due to all the Christmas shipping. I just hope that next time they deliver it to the correct house. [​IMG]

Neil

10. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    I don't believe it. About an hour ago, my doorbell rings. It's the UPS guy with a box from CafePress.

I've already started reading the intro. There's some great stuff in there. Definitely worth the money to me.

11. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

And mine came today as well. Wow. What a great set. I'm really loving it so far, and would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone on the fence. I decided to buy the first one as a test, as I was a bit hesitant about whether I would buy the whole set given the price and the regularity of payment, but now I have no choice. Absolute must-buy.

12. Andy_Bu

Andy_Bu Supporting Actor

I too received mine.

I am enjoying the material quite a bit. I am working my way through the intros which are filled with info.

If I enjoy reading the scripts themselves I am most likely going to keep buying because the supportive material is entertaining.

Andy

13. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

Mine has arrived too, will definately be (Attempting) to buy the rest of the series.

14. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott
    That darn JMS.... I thought he was through extracting money from my wallet. At least now he actually gets to keep some of it.

15. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott
    By the way, I figure that, doing seven episodes per volume(six if the volume contain a two-parter), the 14th and last volume will only have three episodes. I wonder what else JMS plans to include in that volume.

16. Andy_Bu

Andy_Bu Supporting Actor

According to the scripts site, he will also be including scripts for 2 of the B5 movies which should equal the size of 4 more episodes.

JMS wrote 4 of the movies (according to IMDB) so I am not sure which 2 they are choosing...

Andy

17. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott
    He wrote all of them.

I forgot about including the movies. I'm sure one of them is In The Beginning.

I know JMS is only doing his own scripts, but I wonder if the other B5 writers will see how well these books are selling and say, "Hey, we want some of that!"

I'd pay good money for volumes including the scripts for "GROPOS" and "Day of the Dead."

18. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott
    I hadn't seen this one mentioned before. From volume 15:

I heard JMS tell this story at a con. Classic stuff.

19. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino
    JMS included the scripts for The Gathering (his original draft, not the one eventually filmed) and In the Beginning (the Minbari War prequel film that shows what most of our heroes were up to 10 years before the series started and why there was a Babylon Project in the first place.) These are the two films most closely connected to the story of the series. Thirdpsace was strictly a stand-alone story, and the other films (in chronological order River of Souls 2263, Legend of the Rangers: To Live and Die in Starlight 2265, and A Call To Arms late 2266/early 2267) all fall after the main five year arc. RoS is essentially self-contained, ACtA is a transition piece leading into Crusade and Rangers was a pilot for a spin-off series.

The final production script for The Gathering will be included in the bonus 15th volume.

JMS has said he is encouraging other writers on the show to consider publishing their own B5 and non-B5 scripts via CafePress, so he must be happy with the results so far.

Neil Gaiman has already published his "Day of the Dead" script in paperback, with a introduction by JMS and extensive footnotes. The script includes scenes written, but never shot, and shot but cut before airing. You can buy a copy (for less than half the cover price, which is what I paid when it first came out [​IMG]) at Gaiman's commercial website. Its also available new and used from Amazon.com - and I can only assume from Amazon.co.uk.

Regards,

Joe

20. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott
    Just as long as they wait until JMS is finished with the B5 scripts. They could break me otherwise. [​IMG]