What's new

BABYLON 5: LOST TALES...Please make more! (1 Viewer)

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
BABYLON 5: LOST TALES hit shelves last week and what a welcome release it is. It's done on a very small scale with only a few characters. It's a bit talky, but the acting is solid, the stories are interesting and the computer effects several notches above the level of the TV series effects.

The release runs an all-too-brief 72 minutes and tells two stories, one featuring Tracy Scoggins as Lochley and the second featuring Bruce Boxleitner as Sheridan, with a brief appearance by Scoggins. The bonus featurettes, interviews and a warm tribute to the late Richard Biggs and Andreas Katsulas are welcome total almost as much running time (if not more) than the feature itself.

I hadn't revisited the series since Crusade ended. Watching Lost Tales was like having dinner with old friends and I would snap up any further releases in this proposed series of releases, should that come to pass. I would love to see stories with Peter Jurasik, as his character and his story had the most loose ends when the series wrapped...plus his combination of regret and saracastic humor is hard to beat.

My only qualm is the number of tales. These should have 3 stories. It would be a more satisfying package, plus would allow more cast members to appear in the stories, so they would seem a bit larger.

As they say, "Always leave them wanting more." They have and I do.

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Kaye
There's a thread here in the TV software forum on this subject, and (for reasons I can't fathom as it's always been a direct-to-video project) another thread here in the TV/HDTV Programming forum.

Don't think we need a third one.:)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

It was always direct-to-DVD, but when it was first announced Warner Bros. also mentioned that there was interest from at least one network or cable channel in broadcasting the film. The idea was to do a series of 90 minute or so "two hour" TV movies (like Columbo or Jesse Stone) every year. The cut-back from 3 to 2 segments and from 90 minutes to 72 (which also required padding the remaining two half-hours out a bit to give it more of a "movie" feel) probably caused them to put this idea on hold. But I believe that once they've crunched the numbers and decided if there are going to be more Lost Tales they'll seek a broadcast partner and some kind of regular production/release schedule for future editions. In any case I think that's why the thread got left where it was, and people have just sorta gotten used to it. :)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks