Babylon 5 Damaged Disk

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by DaleC, Jun 4, 2005.

1. DaleC

DaleC Agent

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Does anyone know if WB will replace damaged disks if I'm willing to pay for the disk and shipping? I have discovered that the last disk of Babylon 5 Season 5 has damage that makes it unreadable on any DVD player. The problem is that the damage occurs in the last part of the final episode... right when you're so into the emotional content of the show that it absolutely infuriates me. I can't watch the series without this episode as it's the perfect tie-off for the entire story.

Has anyone had experience dealing with WB? Are they willing to do something like this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Will_C

Will_C Second Unit

Will
    I think most people had problems with the S1 set discs coming off the spindle and getting scratched up. While others had luck getting the online sites they purchased the sets from sending replacements, I bought mine at Best Buy and took the set back and had it replaced. I actually had to go through several sets to find one that had secure discs with no scratches. Your best bet may just be to contact the e-tailer you purchased it from and inquire about getting a replacement disc, or if you bought it from a B&M, take it back to them and get them to issue a replacement. I hope this helps, if not, perhaps someone else here can give you better advice. The B5 fan base here at HTF is pretty large. Good luck and hope you get to see the last part!

3. DaleC

DaleC Agent

I bought it from a store, and I've actually seen it already. I was able to watch it through the first time, but since then the damage has become bad enough that it makes it skip and lock up. I got it some time ago, and I don't have the acutal receipts or anything. That's why I was looking to maybe mail the publisher...

4. Will_C

Will_C Second Unit

Will
    I'm sorry Dale, I really wish I knew where to tell you to go to get this problem taken care of. I hope one of the others will come up with a better answer for your situation.

5. NeilO

NeilO Producer

If you have a decent relationship with the store that you bought it from, you should be able to trade it in even without the receipt. You'll have to trade in the whole Season 5. As long as they have it in stock, there is a good chance of them coming through for you.

Neil