What's new

Babylon 5 custom cover art (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I used photo paper, the way Ric describes in his last post. I didn't, however, use any special programs, just the photo/image viewer that either came with the OS or my digital camera (don't remember...) Had to set the printing options to a custom setting (and make it slightly smaller for the movie set). Looks awesome on my shelf!

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Actually Andrea, I goofed. That's photo quality paper not actual photo paper. So it's normal white paper that you can print graphics on, but it's not the glossy like photo paper. I will still hunt for some good legal sized paper though.

PS> Ric, are you considering Farscape now that season 4 has been released?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Kyle, I have a couple of designs in the works. You can view them here. However, I probably won't get to them until I've finished with Voyager and the new TOS season sets (look for them when all three seasons are out). So I may not get to Farscape until early 2005.

In the meantime if you like space/fantasy I have these!

I'm not mentioning the name and they are not really promoted on the site because George & Co. don't really like them out there. So keep it kinda quiet, ok?

Ric

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I do like your second link. Yeah it's annoying that the first two discs are gold text and the last four are silver. I think you should hold a Photoshop class. :D

I really like the Farscape set. It looks nice, you should put it up on your site even if it is preliminary in your eyes. How many discs is the entire series?

Joshua_W

Second Unit

It's really a shame that the "official" DVD covers for these movies are so lame when the original poster artwork is so iconic. Those posters are just do dynamic and capture the feeling of the movies so well it's sad that whoever is in charge feels the need to stick a bunch of floating heads on a starfield with little to no sense of composotion.

And on the subject of Farscape, the series might be getting a re-release of some kind in the very near future. There are two 350-minute "Starburst Editions" on the schedule, though it's unclear what the content of these editions actually is. Discussion here: http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/...p/t-28027.html

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Well after taking forever, I finally got them done.

If anyone wondered how the cases "really" look, here they are:

I was really hoping to put B5 and DS9 on the same shelf but the custom covers won't all fit. Ah well, we sacrifice shelf space for looks.
smile.gif

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I ran into some money problems.
smile.gif
I'm currently watching season 5 with my wife(from netflix) but plan to buy it when I can.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Nice of you to post those pics. It's cool to see the actual cases in a real world situation. And it's always nice to see the hard work Ric did being appreciated.:emoji_thumbsup:

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I printed and cut out all the DS9 covers today too if anyone is interested I'll post pics of those as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks