Babylon 5 creater discusses the dvd's in new article...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Dec 18, 2001.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

2. Paul P

Paul P Stunt Coordinator

Well it does give hope to higher quality future releases, with some extras like commentaries. The bare bones discs will do for the pilot, but with JMS fully involved, the discs could be made really excellent. In the deep dark fantasy recesses of my mind I daydream about B5 beaing released in full seasons, anamorph ws, excellent transfer, tons of extras. WB has had a few phenomenal discs, like the matrix. If only they would invest that into this series, it would be epic.

3. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

quite a good little article, good to see that JMS is still so enthusiastic about the dvd and willing to participate, I only hope that *sigh* Warner will actually act on it.

4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

FYI folks, if (and it is still a big if) they do put B5 eps on DVD, they almost definitely will be anamorphic widescreen, as In the Beginning is on the new disc. They did a high def digital transfer for the sci-fi channel broadcasts and, after a few tries, they finally got it right. So somewhere in the Warner Brothers vaults, sits the right digital source source material eagerly waiting to jump on DVDs.

I've also seen some bloopers on the 'net, but those were pirated. I believe they were shown at conventions, but were never meant to be publicly seen. Since putting them on the DVDs would require paying all the actors, they probably won't put them on the DVDs. It's a shame, 'cause the ones I've seen are pretty funny.

I'm sure JMS would do commentaries if afforded the opportunity. He strikes me as a big enough ego to love to yap about his work, and a smart and funny enough guy to make it worth while. I'd also like to see commentaries by actors and other production staff.

Oh god oh god, please give me lots of Babylon 5 on DVD!

5. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Well does someone want to start a thread over in manufacturer feedback about commentaries?[​IMG]

6. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

7. Craig P

Craig P Stunt Coordinator

Quoth jms, regarding the telepath war:

8. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino