What's new

Pre-Order Babylon (2022) (4k UHD) (4k UHD SteelBook) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I can exactly identify with what you've said. Because due to a sum of money I inherited back in 2014, an Amazon Prime membership was acquired, which then led to ordering Blu-rays a couple times a week, for a few years, before gradually cutting back to ordering Blu-rays (and now some select 4K Blus) to the point where we now average buying about 3 to 5 discs a month. But the situation with our 1,142 movies on BD & 4k BD, is that there are still at least 200 of those movies that neither my wife, nor I, have gotten around to viewing yet. But I'll admit that while a large number of the movies in our collection are genuine classics, or are others of fine quality, there are quite a number of movies I bought blind, because their Blu-rays were in some 4 or 5 buck movie bins, and such movies are the ones that are the most likely to have not been seen by us yet. And BTW, we have absolutely NO INTEREST in doing any streaming, though our new Wi-Fi 6 level router, & fast Spectrum internet, could sure enable us to have quality streaming, but discs are MUCH preferred!!
I don't want to derail this thread, but you touched on something I agree with. Physical media is much preferred for me. I'm not a fan of streaming and the inconsistent picture quality that frustrates me. My first preference is always cinema, but streaming sucks and I only do it if there is no other option for watching a movie - even if that means waiting for it to be delivered after ordering the disc online.
Please, no more physical media or streaming comments. That's a subject matter for a more appropriate thread. Thank you.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
I was mixed on this. I enjoyed it well-enough, but it really suffers by comparison to its influences. The screenplay is very much indebted to Boogie Nights, but it's not nearly as sharp, funny, or humane. The film also runs out of gas in the last hour, and the ending did not work at all for me. Still, a few magnificent sequences--particularly in the first half--make it worth watching at least once.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I wanted to poke my head in this thread and point out to my fellow Canadians that Ron's links now automatically redirect to the Canadian Amazon store, and the resulting URL includes the HTF as a referral. That means--at least I think it means--that unlike before, you can now support the HTF (previously Canadian purchases didn't) with your purchases.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The trailer doesn't show the elephant bit nor the urinating on the fat person bit or the eating the live rat bit, so no, the trailer is not a pretty good representation of the the movie is. Oh, and the vomit scene. It's a charmer, all right.

I take it this was not part of your personal Ten Best for 2022...

Ken_Martinez

BANNED
Real Name
Ken
I heard that the original cut was an NC-17 that had to be trimmed to an R. Will we get that cut, or at least deleted scenes?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Interesting that Amazon seems to be posting rough monthly sales estimates on their physical media. It shows that DVD is still the dominant format, even among the more eleveated cinephile types that would seem to be the market for this particular title. DVD seems to be the top selling format for most titles that I checked (unless it's a catalog title that's new to BR or 4K).

1679437753440.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Interesting that Amazon seems to be posting rough monthly sales estimates on their physical media. It shows that DVD is still the dominant format, even among the more eleveated cinephile types that would seem to be the market for this particular title. DVD seems to be the top selling format for most titles that I checked (unless it's a catalog title that's new to BR or 4K).

View attachment 179326
Yeah, I noticed that the other day. The Star Trek: The Next Generation 4-Movie Collection coming out next month has sold over 2000 on 4K/UHD. Plus, the individual titles have sold 500-800 each depending on the particular title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks