What's new

Pre-Order Babylon (2022) (4k UHD) (4k UHD SteelBook) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81GmwWBi6hL._SL1500_.jpg

Called “an absolute spectacle of filmmaking from start to finish” (Lauren Huff, Entertainment Weekly) and “extravagant, decadent…phenomenal” (Jazz Tangcay, Variety), writer/director Damien Chazelle’s glittering tale of Hollywood glamour and excess BABYLON arrives for fans to watch at home on Premium Video-On-Demand and to purchase on Digital January 31, 2023 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Nominated for three Academy Awards®, including Best Original Score, Best Production Design, and Best Costume Design, BABYLON is a must-see spectacle featuring outstanding work from a world-class cast and filmmaking team. Fans who buy the film on Digital will have access to over 40 minutes of behind-the-scenes interviews and deleted scenes to further illuminate how the cinematic tour-de-force was brought to life. Bonus content is detailed below:

• A Panoramic Canvas Called Babylon— The cast and crew discuss the inspiration and motivation behind the original story and development of this epic, 15 years in the making.

• The Costumes of Babylon— Discover how costume design was fundamental to character development and the challenges that went into creating over 7,000 costumes for the film.

• Scoring Babylon— Take a peek into Justin Hurwitz's musical process to understand the artistry behind composing an iconic score that further elevates the film.

• Deleted & Extended Scenes

BABYLON follows an ambitious cast of characters -- The Silent Film Superstar (Brad Pitt), the Young Starlet (Margot Robbie), the Production Executive (Diego Calva), the Musical Sensation (Jovan Adepo) and the Alluring Powerhouse Performer (Li Jun Li) -- who are striving to stay on top of the raucous, 1920s Hollywood scene and maintain their relevance at a time when the industry is moving on to the next best thing.

The film will arrive on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD, and in a Limited-Edition 4K Ultra HD SteelBook® March 21, 2023.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I agree completely with Mr. Harris about exhausting. I would change "wonderful" and "strange" to horrible, disgusting, pointless, meandering, badly written, and that Mr. Chazelle has not an original directorial idea in his head. Other than that, I can add that I endured all three hours and eight minutes of this bloated open sore and regret that I did :)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The New York Times review was scathing.
Have not seen the film, but agree with @haineshisway that Chazelle is overrated, and has not an original directorial idea in his head. Whiplash tells a commonplace story with no interesting insight nor directorial flourish. La La Land has a magical beginning and then...tells a commonplace story, etc., saved only by Gosling's performance. A minority opinion, but still...

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I agree completely with Mr. Harris about exhausting. I would change "wonderful" and "strange" to horrible, disgusting, pointless, meandering, badly written, and that Mr. Chazelle has not an original directorial idea in his head. Other than that, I can add that I endured all three hours and eight minutes of this bloated open sore and regret that I did :)
LOL! Don't hold back Bruce. I've been a member of HTF for over 13 years and have always enjoyed reading your posts and opinions. Keep them coming. Thank you!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
In other words, not your cup of tea.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Actually, I left the screening feeling quite depressed about the non-survival of the silent cinema, which is spoken of as outliving the actors. In many cases it did - but barely.

That from someone who adores the pre-synchronized cinema.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Other than that, I can add that I endured all three hours and eight minutes of this bloated open sore and regret that I did :)
You're not the only one. For Glenn Kenny: "My most dire viewing experience of 2022".

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
The Wall Street Journal review was fairly positive so there are definitely mixed feelings on this one. I wanted to see it for Brad Pitts performance as he has fast become one of my favorite actors of late.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
This is what I wrote about it:

Set in 1926 Hollywood, the film follows four characters as film transitions from the silent movies to the sound era: a big film star (Brad Pitt), an ambitious starlet (Margot Robbie), a Mexican immigrant (Diego Calva) and a black trumpet player (Jovan Adepo). Written and directed by Damien Chazelle (LA LA LAND), this three hour plus epic is a polarizing film. One tends to either love it or hate it and I fall into the love it category. Much of the criticism towards the movie is aimed at its excess but that excess is the very thing that I love about the film. It reminds me why I fell in love with the movies in the first place. Chazelle's film is almost a loving goodbye to the movies as we knew it because post pandemic, they will never be the same again. Sorry but Netflix, Hulu, Youtube etc. and your 55" monitor are not the movies. Performances are excellent especially from Pitt, Robbie, Adepo and Jean Smart as a gossip columnist. It's an overwhelming experience. The only nitpick I have is that Justin Hurwitz score as good as it is can't help but sound like LA LA LAND revisited. With Li Jun Li, Lukas Haas, Olivia Wilde, Katherine Waterston and Eric Roberts.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
How many movies can we have about the transition from silent to sound. However I have ordered this release.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I loved every crazy minute of it. But definitely a polarizing film. I would NOT recommend a blind purchase.
Blind buys are pretty much all I do now, for new/recent releases. I just don’t have the time to seek out theaters, and there aren’t any good ones near my house. Undecided about buying this film.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Blind buys are pretty much all I do now, for new/recent releases. I just don’t have the time to seek out theaters, and there aren’t any good ones near my house. Undecided about buying this film.
Have you watched the trailer? For once, the trailer is a pretty good representation of what the movie is, only three hours of it! If the trailer doesn't make you say, "Wow! I gotta see that!" then I wouldn't recommend buying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks