Baby Bob

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Geelan, Mar 18, 2002.

1. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

My kids are looking forward to this new CBS show which premiers tonight at 8:30 PM EST.

Looks like it may be amusing and be a hit for CBS.

JohnG

2. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I hope you enjoy it.

The ads just freak me out, and they're not funny, so I won't be watching.

/Mike

3. DonWinzen

DonWinzen Stunt Coordinator

Should be a short-lived series on the fact alone that a baby grows up way too fast (even if it is successful).

4. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I have seen 3 reviews for this show. And they all don't add to one whole star combined. Don't look to good. Although, the NY Post reviewer said that people will watch to see and I quote "For one thing, it has Joely Fisher's giant breasts- which stick up and out like ground-to-air missle launchers. Maybe because the the script is so awful, the producers knew that the breasts would make for better tv than the talking baby." Ooch! and for the record the reviewer is a woman.
    ps-I always did like Joely Fisher. [​IMG]

5. Alan Benson

Alan Benson Stunt Coordinator

Who thinks up these projects? And who greenlights them?
    Baby Talk was bad enough. Cross it with Mr. Ed or My Mother the Car and you've got real quality television. [​IMG]

6. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

Yep, in the first scene of the first episode we have Joely Fisher's breasts practically hanging out her top. A nice 2-3min long shot. Not a good sign for the show, but it seems to be par-for-the-course in every show she's in. I can hear the execs now, "No writing? Well, we've always got Joely's tits to fall back on".

Also, it appears to be the only CBS primetime show not shown in HDTV. I'm not sure why. Anyone know? I'd hate to think they're going backwards. Maybe they think it's not worth the investment.

7. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    is that the brady bunch house?

8. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

I've been watching, and I think I've wasted 18 minutes of my life.

9. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

My kids (6 and 9) loved it. It's a cute show, not ground-breaking but all right for what its trying to do.

Joely does have impressive breasts allright.

The cast is pretty good but obviously wasted in this format.

JohnG

10. DonWinzen

DonWinzen Stunt Coordinator

It's the first time that I saw a show that my kids loved and I didn't yell, "don't look" as I ogled Joely's breasts. Damn she's fine.

The show was very cute though. It would be nice if they cleaned the "adult" humor and directed it to the family more. We need more family-centric shows again.

11. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

okay, I'll watch it for the giant boobs.

12. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I said earlier in the thread that I wouldn't watch it. Well, after reading about Ms Fisher's boobs, I had to tune in. It was worth it! I've never noticed her boobs before, but they were featured prominently, especially in the scene where she only has a robe and PJ's on. The white top with the blue button down shirt over it also made her assets look very fine.
    Oh, the show? It was crap. If it hasdn't been for Joely Fisher's breasts, I wouldn't have been able to sit through it I think. [​IMG]
    /Mike

13. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

The ads during the NCAA Tournament creeped me out. I don't expect this will last long enough for me to watch it and be highly disturbed. Didn't check it out even from a train wreck perspective, but then again, I wasn't home. [​IMG]

14. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I was flipping channels last night, and I came upon CBS at 9:30 to see if this was as bad as it looks. It was so bad that my area's CBS affiliate aired "Becker" instead.

15. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Matthew, I think "Baby Bob" was on at 8:30.... it was on 7:30 here, but primetime here is 7-10, not 8-11 like on the east coast. "Becker" is on at 8:30 here.

One thing I didn't understood about "Baby Bob" was whether the creepy titular baby is supposed to have the mind of an adult, or just the voice. When he told Joely Fisher's character he was thirsty, it was just rather disgusting, same thing when he told the babysitter that she could have him in his lap anytime or something like that. Plus, why did they have to give him a voice that sounds like a dirty old man?

Then he was talking about how fascinating peekaboo was "you're there, you're gone, you're there, you're gone... how do you do that styff?" which seemed to imply that he was supposed to be like a baby.

/Mike

16. Gary Harris

Gary Harris Stunt Coordinator

I watched up until the baby started talking. That was just plain bizarre.

17. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Good lord what a strange show! This gimmick didn't work for 'Baby Geniuses', and it doesn't work for this show either.
    On the other hand, that babysitter was hot! [​IMG]

18. Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin Screenwriter

Bob
    It reminded me of "Alf", but not as good.

(that's some faint praise)

How come every TV show that has a person with who is an alien or has special powers, they have to keep it secret? I'm thinking of Mork, Alf, I Dream of Jeannie, etc. That gag is getting old.

19. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

>>
    Who thinks up these projects? And who greenlights them?
    Baby Talk was bad enough. Cross it with Mr. Ed or My Mother the Car and you've got real quality television.
    >>
    Hey now, I LIKE Mr.Ed. Havn't seen it since it went off Nick at Night, however. Too bad they don't release it on DVD [​IMG].

20. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Well dang me, dang me, they ought to take a rope and hang me, for I thought this show was to be on at 9:30. Well, anyway, I'm glad I missed it.