What's new

Babe and Babe: Pig in the City -- new editions arriving September 23rd (1 Viewer)

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
Now this is an announcement I've been waiting to hear for years:

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...003/07_07.html

There's rather unfortunate John Hughes news further down on the page (hey, at least they're anamorphic), but the news of a new special edition (or at least nicely supplemented) anamorphic edition of Babe is outstanding. They've had this widescreen and anamorphic overseas for quite some time, but now this Region 1er can retire his much-adored laserdisc. :emoji_thumbsup: I'm eager to hear if additional supplements (perhaps a commentary?) might be in store for the re-release of the sequel, as well, which is already available in an anamorphic edition.

"That'll do, pig. That'll do." Here's hoping an anamorphic reissue of Fierce Creatures (no, Babe wouldn't qualify as one of those) is also on the horizon from Universal. A very big congratulations to the studio for revisiting this magical George Miller/Chris Noonan creation, which I really consider the finest family film of the past twenty years, if not more (Babe, not Fierce Creatures! :)).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks