What's new

Baa Baa Black Sheep Volume 3 (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone heard when we're supposed to be getting the last set of Baa Baa Black Sheep? Universal was kind enough to release the Volume 1 and Volume 2 sets but we still have yet to see a release for the final batch of episodes.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Hey, Universal, just when, in my lifetime, are you going to release the final 13 episodes of this series? They have one set left to release and we have failed to see it. Come on, you've already released Season 1.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
I am also hoping for the final 13 episodes of the series. Universal is one of the worst company's when it comes to DVD releases. I am also waiting on the rest of the classic Kojak series.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
The thing is that Kojak has many seasons with Baa Baa Black Sheep being only one final season. I can't tell you how many times that I have watched the first season over and over again ... I remember watching the show when it was broadcast in reruns in the late seventies and early eighties. I just love the series and it's just a shame that Universal has yet to release the final 13 episodes.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone heard anything about the final set? It's been a long time since we had any updates. Has Unigversal abandoned the series?

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Mark Talmadge said:
Has anyone heard anything about the final set? It's been a long time since we had any updates. Has Unigversal abandoned the series?
Mark, haven't heard a thing but that's also on my list. Maybe we'll see it someday. I wouldn't think that Uni would liscence out the remaining V3 episodes but I guess there's hope if Uni follows WB with that DVD-R burn/demand svc and includes TV shows.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I certainly hope so. I'm wanting to see the rest of this series. I just wish that they had done more television shows on the battle between Japan and the United States during WWII.

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
Universal seems to be serious about this burn-on-demand thing. I got a Netflix subscription a few days ago to try out it's Xbox 360 playing ability and turns out that the latter four seasons of the show is available on there! Which is quite a nice surprise.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I'm interested in this series having watched it when originally broadcast. Seeing that the first season has been released as two volumes (although a bit expensive for the amount of episodes released) I started checking around for the remaining episodes from season 2.
Interestingly, the last set of episodes were released in France apparently as volume 3, and can be bought through Amazon, France. The quality of the DVD has been reported to be just as good as the original season (English and French language tracks). However, since the season was cut short I'm not sure of the quality of the episodes themselves.
The cost is still high, about $35 US plus shipping but for those that can handle region 2 and PAL it may be the only way to finish this out. All volumes in France seems to have been released within 6 months of each other, back in 2007. Doesn't look like a US release is coming.
I've provided some links below to a review of the french release and Amazon France. Included is a web page translator to get the pages in english. Something also interesting is the changing of titles. The french version is titled: "Les Tetes brulees", which apparently means "The Hotheads". I happened to also see another show listed on Amazon France for "Hogans Heroes" that was apparently renamed to "Papa Shultz".
Link to volume 3 at Amazon France:
Les têtes brûlées, vol. 3 - Coffret 4 DVD: Amazon.fr: Robert Conrad, Dirk Blocker, Robert Ginty, John Larroquette, Jeff MacKay, Larry Manetti, Dana Elcar
Link to review of french version:
Les tetes brulees – volume 3 - test dvd
Link to translator that can be used to translate the web page from French to English:
Google Translate
If DD has an upcoming sale I might pick up all of season 1, and if I enjoy it enough maybe the last set of episodes from France.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Nick Zbu said:
Universal seems to be serious about this burn-on-demand thing. I got a Netflix subscription a few days ago to try out it's Xbox 360 playing ability and turns out that the latter four seasons of the show is available on there! Which is quite a nice surprise.
I don't believe that Netflix offers burn capability.

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
Neil, there weren't four seasons of Baa Baa Black Sheep. There were only two seasons.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
I liked season 3 due to Red west's participation as crew chief Andy Miklin[sp] On another note Red West was one of Elvis's bodyguard's.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
As "Kemcha" stated, there were only 2 season's, actually 1 1/2 to be more accurate.

The volume 1 DVD set was for the first half of season 1 and volume 2 for the second half of season 1. Any volume 3 DVD set represents the remaining half of a season of episodes from season 2 before being cancelled for good.

According to IMDB, Red West first appeared in episode 5 of season 1 and was in 21 episodes total. Whether he was the crew chief the entire time I am not sure.

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
Thanks, Brad, for backing me up. I remember watching Baa Baa Black Sheep when it was originally broadcast. While I have the first two DVD sets, I wish Universal would hurry up and release the final collection. I think most fans are confused over these collectioons and think that each DVD set is an entire season.

You can get more information on the Wikipedia website or simply checking the information on IMDB.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
That isn't the only title where Universal has stalled it with one more release to go. "Night Gallery" and "Hardy Boys" also fall in the same category and like "Baa Baa Black Sheep" they would each represent the need for only a small set since "Hardy Boys" didn't get a full season of episodes its final year and "Night Gallery" had been cut back to a half hour.

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
Jack, this isn't the topic to complain about stalled titles. If you want to discuss/complain about stalled or unfinished titles:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/296438/why-are-so-many-series-stalled-or-stopped

I still watch Baa Baa Black Sheep, every so often ... just can't get tired of watching the show. ;)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I don't think the subject is exactly off-topic to note that this is not the only title that the company responsible for it has treated in this fashion. Trends like that usually reveal whether or not the company can be counted on to eventually finish it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks