B5: Rangers in UK?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joseph DeMartino, May 13, 2002.

1. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    I've seen a couple of internet posts saying that TV Zone magazine in the U.K. has reported that Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers (the most recent TV movie and unsuccessful pilot for a new spin-off series) will be released in R2 this summer. One post gave the release date as "June", another as "July 22nd"
    No R2 on-line DVD dealer that I've checked is offering the disc for pre-order (which they certainly would if the June date were accurate) and no on-line news source that I can find is carrying this story. So I have a couple of questions for those of you on that side of The Pond:
    1) If anyone gets TV Zone, I'd love to see an exact quote of what they're reporting.
    2) It has also been reported that Bravo TV has said it will not be able to air the film because it is coming to the U.K. as a "home video exclusive". Again, I haven't been able to confirm this statement and hope that one of you can.
    Since it may be years before Warner Bros. gets around to releasing this TV movie over here, I'd consider buying the R2 version - if any of this is real. [​IMG]
    Regards,
    Joe

2. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Stopped subscribing to TV Zone years ago, but if the quote is accurate, I'd believe it.
    The best place to find out if it's getting a release, for certain, is the BBFC ratings site at http://www.bbfc.co.uk. Just did a search, and no news so far. I'd expect the rating to be made at least a month before any release date.

3. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

4. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

If the content is the same, the BBFC won't re-rate it for a different medium. And I wouldn't put much stock in the BBFC search engine beyond the title and date criteria.

5. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino