What's new

B5: Rangers in UK? (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I've seen a couple of internet posts saying that TV Zone magazine in the U.K. has reported that Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers (the most recent TV movie and unsuccessful pilot for a new spin-off series) will be released in R2 this summer. One post gave the release date as "June", another as "July 22nd"
No R2 on-line DVD dealer that I've checked is offering the disc for pre-order (which they certainly would if the June date were accurate) and no on-line news source that I can find is carrying this story. So I have a couple of questions for those of you on that side of The Pond:
1) If anyone gets TV Zone, I'd love to see an exact quote of what they're reporting.
2) It has also been reported that Bravo TV has said it will not be able to air the film because it is coming to the U.K. as a "home video exclusive". Again, I haven't been able to confirm this statement and hope that one of you can.
Since it may be years before Warner Bros. gets around to releasing this TV movie over here, I'd consider buying the R2 version - if any of this is real. :)
Regards,
Joe

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Stopped subscribing to TV Zone years ago, but if the quote is accurate, I'd believe it.
The best place to find out if it's getting a release, for certain, is the BBFC ratings site at http://www.bbfc.co.uk. Just did a search, and no news so far. I'd expect the rating to be made at least a month before any release date.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Just did a search, and no news so far.
True. OTOH when I did a search for Babylon 5 and limited it to digital media (so I wouldn't have to scroll through all the video tapes) I didn't get any matches either - even though two TV movies have already been released on DVD. (They did have a listing for The Gathering, but only on video - no DVD.) So I'm confused.
Regards,
Joe

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
If the content is the same, the BBFC won't re-rate it for a different medium. And I wouldn't put much stock in the BBFC search engine beyond the title and date criteria.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
And I wouldn't put much stock in the BBFC search engine beyond the title and date criteria.
Makes sense. :) However, they also don't list Legend of the Rangers, so I guess we can rule out that June release, and we'll know about July in a few weeks.
Regards,
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks