What's new

B5 DVD Glitch Season 4 *spoilers* (1 Viewer)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I was watching the episode "Between the Darkness and the Light" and at the very beginning of the episode there's an editing glitch. Garibaldi has the hood on one second then Franklin pulls it off. The very next scene where Garibaldi goes to talk the scene is the previous scene where the hood is still on?! Has anyone else encountered this? Very odd. I know it wasn't there in the original broadcast.

Britton

Screenwriter
I remember there was discussion about this glitch back when the S4 set first came out and it was probably a mistake made back when the Sci-Fi Channel made the widescreen masters.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
This glitch (along with a few others) was indeed introduced when the widescreen editions were created for (not "by") The Sci-Fi Channel. It was noted at the time of the first broadcast but - unlike the infamous "Teapot" scene - apparently not deemed serious enough to go back and fix at great expense. (Enough similar continuity errors creep into original TV and film masters that they aren't considered catastrophic mistakes. It is probably only because so many of us have seen these episodes so many times, often from original broadcast tapes, that we notice such things at all. Repeated viewings can also add an element of detachment from the story that lets us notice little things that would have slipped past us the first time we watch a given episode and were totally absorbed in the story.)

Regards,

Joe

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Well my wife picked up on it right away and that was her first viewing of that episode. Other than that little glitch, i didn't really notice any others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks