B & W Subwoofers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Paul D. K., Nov 30, 2003.

1. Paul D. K.

Paul D. K. Stunt Coordinator

I'm considering buying a B & W subwoofer - either ASW 800 or ASW850. Has anyone heard either of these and have some feedback?

2. Steve_Ma

Steve_Ma Second Unit

Sorry, I have no experience with either of those units. But, I do have an older ASW1000. I remain happy with it and have no plans to upgrade anytime real soon. It serves me well for both Home theater and music.

That being said: I have a pretty small HT room that is easy to pressurize. I do not calibrate it hot and never listen at or near reference levels. Also, I got an outrageous deal on the sub. If I were paying full-retail for that unit, I would have gone with something else (SVS?!)

Generally speaking, I don’t believe that B&W subs are of the same quality as their loudspeakers. Maybe someone who has more experience with B&W subs can give more feedback.

--Steve

3. Ted_Wern

Ted_Wern Agent

The ASW 800 is a great sub. Would never get rid of it. This will give you years of happiness.

4. Paul D. K.

Ted -

I'm glad to hear that. I've been wondering if there was another brand that people liked besides SVS.

I have a 24' X 25' home theatre room. Do you think one 800 will be enough or do I need two? Would one 850 be sufficient or would I need two of that one as well?

What do you think?

Thanks for your time.

5. Paul D. K.

Ted -

I forgot I already replied to your feedback. Sorry.

I would like to understand what the size of your room is. Mine is 23'8"(L) X 23'(W) X 7'10"(H) (Correction from above post). Do you think I would need two ASW 800's, one ASW 850, or two ASW 850's?

Thanks again.