What's new

B & W Subwoofers (1 Viewer)

Paul D. K.

Stunt Coordinator
I'm considering buying a B & W subwoofer - either ASW 800 or ASW850. Has anyone heard either of these and have some feedback?

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
Sorry, I have no experience with either of those units. But, I do have an older ASW1000. I remain happy with it and have no plans to upgrade anytime real soon. It serves me well for both Home theater and music.

That being said: I have a pretty small HT room that is easy to pressurize. I do not calibrate it hot and never listen at or near reference levels. Also, I got an outrageous deal on the sub. If I were paying full-retail for that unit, I would have gone with something else (SVS?!)

Generally speaking, I don’t believe that B&W subs are of the same quality as their loudspeakers. Maybe someone who has more experience with B&W subs can give more feedback.

--Steve

Ted_Wern

Agent
The ASW 800 is a great sub. Would never get rid of it. This will give you years of happiness.

Paul D. K.

Stunt Coordinator
Ted -

I'm glad to hear that. I've been wondering if there was another brand that people liked besides SVS.

I have a 24' X 25' home theatre room. Do you think one 800 will be enough or do I need two? Would one 850 be sufficient or would I need two of that one as well?

What do you think?

Thanks for your time.

Paul D. K.

Stunt Coordinator
Ted -

I forgot I already replied to your feedback. Sorry.

I would like to understand what the size of your room is. Mine is 23'8"(L) X 23'(W) X 7'10"(H) (Correction from above post). Do you think I would need two ASW 800's, one ASW 850, or two ASW 850's?

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks