What's new

B&W sub,vs.VelodyneF1800R,vs. Carve Sunfire true sub (1 Viewer)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Unfortunately not, don't even own a camera of any type whatsoever, (plus I still need to fix up the appearance of my Altec, I was lucky enough to find it in a pawnshop for $75 mainly due to cosmetics) but will when my luck improves (I was unemployed for six months and now after about 3 months of work and somewhat financially stable will rebuild my system after another car purchase, I been thinking of the Outlaw 950 pre-amp but may wait for something else). I also need to learn how to sew so I can put some type of socks on my subs (two tempest based Diy and two Shivaes about 2 and 1 1/2 years old respectively). I have sworn once these are taken care of I would like to set up a web page like my fellow hobbyists and help share the joy so to speak.

I'm a very strong proponent of the Diy subwoofer simply because once a person gets a quality woofer, cabinet built (or IB if you own your own home), and a decent amp (I originally powered my Tempest for almost a year with an adcom 535 at 90 wpc) you'll easily match the performance of most $1000 and under sub that can be bought at most stores and with advice from some of the more wise on these forums (heck you have resources from some of the driver suppliers, people with unibox, and some with more subwoofer building experience than some who own the various speaker companies) you can build a top notch sub that are in the top 1% of the performance barrier and the scary part is all this can be done easily for the price that some of these companies charge for the veneer choices that their subs come in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks