What's new

B&W sub or SVS? (1 Viewer)

Shane J

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any opinions here? Budget is $600. I am trying to decide between a cylindrical SVS sub with a 12" driver or a B&W Box-type sub, also with a 12" driver.

all other speakers are B&W.

Room is 12.5 x 11' with 3 walls

TimJC

Stunt Coordinator
In the $600 price range, the SVS 20-39PCi cylinder sub will be very hard to beat. Also, you mentioned 3 walls, what size space does the rest of the room open into?

Tim

Shane J

Stunt Coordinator
What the space opens up into is somewhat hard to explain.

the media room is on the second floor, at the top of the stairs where it says "optional 5th bedroom" The projector screen is on the wall on the left. The equipment is going in the upper left corner. Only place for the sub is in the lower left corner. There is a sectional sofa on the right hand wall and under the windows. its a fairly small room...but its all that I have! :)

TimJC

Stunt Coordinator
Due to the open layout into the house below, you're likely going to need a little more sub than the 'small' room might dictate.

I'd say go with a 25-31PCi, but have SVS put in a 22hz port tube. You'll get the great extension that really makes a difference with HT, and have the SPL to carry it in that room. You just need to phone in your order and let Eric know to put in a 22hz port tube vs. the standard 25hz tube. No extra charge, and you'll stay under budget.

Have fun with it,

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks