What's new

B&W Speaker Purchase (1 Viewer)

ChipD

Grip
I recently demoed some B&W speakers and loved what I heard. I've also listened to Infinity, Paradigm, Definitive, Klipsh, and Kef speakers. I think I've made my decision on the B&W speakers (although I may give Paradigm another listen), and would like thoughts on my questions below.

Here are the speakers I am thinking about purchasing:

dm 603 s3 (2) - front
lcr600 s3 (1) - center
dm600s3 (2) - rear
asw600 (1) - sub

cost: $2150 + tax

First of all, does $2150 seem like a reasonable price for these speakers? Retail comes to $2350, but I'm not sure what a "good" price would be. $2150 is about the limit of what I want to spend.

What do you think of the asw600 sub? It sounded good to me in the store, but I haven't compared it to any other options.

In the store I listened to these speakers with an Arcam 100-120 watt receiver. However, I was planning on purchasing the Yamaha rx-v1400 receiver (they don't carry Yamaha in the B&W store). Will Yamaha matched with B&W still sound okay? I used the Yamaha receiver when listening to Infinity speakers and liked the sound.

Any other thoughts/pointers before I make the plunge? What about wires? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chip

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Chip, to discuss specific speaker models please post here in Speakers/Subwoofers. The Basics area is strictly for general discussion at the beginner's level. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks