What's new

B&W Speaker online?? (1 Viewer)

Lisa Menin

Agent
I am thinking of upgrading my bedroom speakers to a set of B&W 303s. Does anyone know if these can be purchased online?

Thanks,

Lisa

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
Lisa,

I've seen 303's on Audiogon, AudioReview.com and eBay, and basically that's it. B&W pushes very hard to keep it's products from being distributed over the Internet. They actually sued Amazon.com and a distribution company that supplied Amazon.com to stop them from selling 600S2 series B&W speakers about two years ago. Amazon was forced to pull them, and off-loaded them to RedTagOutlet.com where I purchased a pair of 604S2's for $900. I emailed B&W at the time regarding RedTagOutlet.com's advertising that they were under warranty, and was CALLED back and informed in no uncertian terms that they would NOT be supported by B&W, and I would be on my own. $900 for a pair of unwarranteed speakers is a little much in my book, so I returned the 604S2's for a full refund.

Later on I did purchase a pair of never used 601S2's off of a guy on AudioReview for $250. I saved $200 off of the normal $450 price of these speakers, and this made the lack of warrranty more palatable for me. (The 601S2's didn't even have fingerprints on them, they had NEVER been used!)

So, decide if you can live without the 5 year warranty first, and then check out the sites I mentioned.

Good luck to you!

Pete

Lisa Menin

Agent
Thanks, Pete.

I was hoping to be able to order online to avoid another trip to a bricks and mortar store. However, I do want to keep the warranty valid. Guess I will just have to make that trip.

Lisa

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
If anyone is near Florida (or maybe it'd be worth a vacation) SOund Advice has a sale four-times per year where they sell all speakers "Buy 1, get one 50% off" which basically equates to 25% off total forthe pair. They are authorized for Klipsch, B&W, Boston, Martin Logan, and a few others. Might be worth considering if anyone wants any of these brands.

Aaron

Lisa Menin

Agent
Aaron:

That is a great idea...I actually bought my NHT 1.5s during their sale a few years ago. It happened to coincide with a trip to South Florida.

I plan to be in Florida next month and will keep my fingers crossed that the sale is on.

Lisa

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Aaron,

How can I check if the buy one get one free sale is in effect?

Tweeter bought out Sound Advice so I am wondering if my salesman at a local Tweeter store can just get them shipped up North to me.

Does Sound Advice have a speaker tradeup program also?

Gil

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Gil:

When did Tweeter buy out Sound Advice? I purchased my Nautilus 804s at Sound Advice during one of my many business trips to Florida. I bought them during their special sales, which occur twice a year, around Thanksgiving and again in February (if I remember properly). Sound Advice shipped them UPS, which probably wasn't the best way to do it.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
I would give them a call and see when their next sale is going on. It's usually called their "private" sale, but everyone seems to get the discounts. If I remember correctly, the last sale was in Nov, so I think it would be coming up again the forst part of next year.
http://www.wegivesoundadvice.com
They have stores all over Florida.
Good luck!
Aaron

Chip E

Screenwriter
Lisa,

Funny you mention the 303's... i'm putting together a little bedroom rig and decided to get a pair of B&W 303's however, while demoing, i listened to the 601's as well and decided to get the 601's for the front main's (they have more bass) and the 303's for the surround's.. i ordered them in the light oak fininsh. These speakers are absolutely incredible sounding for their size. I had to order them from a local B&M store though.

Lisa Menin

Agent
Chip:

Out of curiosity, where in South Jersey did you buy the B&Ws? During the summer, I go to the Shore quite frequently (Ventnor, Margate area) so a weekend drive now wouldn't be out of the question. That way, I could check out the 601s as well.

Lisa

Nick L

Second Unit
If you go to the B&W website they have a list of authorized online resellers. That would probably be your best bet.

Nick L

Chip E

Screenwriter
Lisa,
The only B&W dealer i have near me is "HiFi Sales" on Cuthbert Road in Cherry Hill... Their quite the snobs too, lol. I bit my tongue and went in (something i swore i wouldn't do again). Thing is, their only 4 1/2 miles from me..convenient ya know? :)

If you're a regular customer with SoundAdvice, if you ask the sales rep to give you the discount almost any time of the year, they will. I got my 603S2's like that.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Gil:

Thanks for the info. I'm a little shocked. I thought if anyone was going to do the buying it would be Sound Advice. It seems they're everywhere in Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks