What's new

B&W or Paradigm for Rotel RSX 1065 (1 Viewer)

Steve Bracks

Auditioning
Hi Guys

For the past few months I have been auditioning speakers to team up with my Rotel RSX 1065. What do u think would be a better combination

1. B&W 604S3, LCR600S3 , 601S3
OR
2.Paradigm Studio/60 , Studio/CC , Studio/ADP.

I like the sound of both so I'm finding it difficult to decide.

Thanks

Steve.

Luke_R

Agent
I'm also torn between this decision, I listened to the 20's on a yamaha rx-v1300 and it sounded amazing, I listened to the b&w 603 a few days before on a denon 1803 a few days before and it sounded very good, however on the day I went to listen to the studios the b&w dealer wouldn't change the 603's to the 2802 I wanted to hear them on instead he left them on the 1403 and I was not impressed to say the least. I'll add a couple of questions here, is the 604 s3 that much better than the 603, 2nd, Anybody compared these speakers with equal or similar receivers.

Geoff H

Stunt Coordinator
Doesn't B&W now own Rotel or something?

I recently did an in-home demonstration of the CDM 9NT, B&W's $2600 speaker, comparing it to my DM602 S3. I was prepared to be blown away by the CDM's -- imagine my surprise when I found that the differences were more subtle than I had suspected -- the high's were more forward, airy etc., and the bottom end was better, but again, it was not the "night and day" difference I was expecting. Yes it could be the components upstream: Yamaha RX-V1300 as pre/pro with Rotel RMB-1075 amp.

I think it's a testament to just how good the 600 series really is -- not necessarily a criticism of the CDM line, which I probably will get.

As Muriali said, "get what you like"

Good Luck.

Lam Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,
B&W is usually paired with rotel, and the 600 series are good speakers. The 604 is pretty close to the CDM line (I have the CDM 7nt), the cdm have broader soundstage and the bass is tighter, but still they pretty close.

But then if you get the paradigm, you get their top of the line speakers, which sounds really good as well. Tough decision Steve, it just might come down to cosmetics and what looks better with your furniture.

John Spicer

Agent
I have a system based on the 600 series. 603s3, 600s3, and 601s3's being driven by H/K 320 and it continues to please me non-stop. You wont be dissapointed if you go with B&W. If I did it over again Id still go with B&W.

-- John

Steve Bracks

Auditioning
Thanks for the feedback guys ,

I like the look of the Paradigms better , but
my ears like the sound of the B&W's.

My ears win.

Steve. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks