What's new

B&W or JMLABS? (1 Viewer)

HI.
Im going to change my system's speakers, these are the best brands (JMLAB and B&W), that I could find here in Uruguay.

I´ll use them 70%music and 30%movies, so........ wich are the best to match with a Marantz sr7000?
ThanX.;)

Joseph_W

Stunt Coordinator
Andres,

In our area, I was able to audition most speakers and I put JMLabs and B&W at the top for my tastes. I ended up with B&W since they were more cost effective for me. Marantz is supposed to be excellent for music, many on this board highly recommend them for speakers that may seem harsh. I sure can't see a problem with either speaker, just pick the one that sounds best to you.

Joe

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
I have aan SR7000 driving a full set of B&W speakers. I am not sure which ones you are looking at. I have the 603s for mains and the 601s for surrounds. I would gladly recomend this combo to anyone. The SR7000 supplies good solid power to the speakers. I also have a B&W sub. It's ok, but there are better subs out there for the money.

While I will likely get an amp when $ allows, I do not feel that this is needed right away. This is sort of planning ahead as I hope to add an addition to my house and have a bigger listening area. But as is, I will often crank my music to -7 or -10 below ref and it's really clean with low distortion.

Good Luck,

--Steve

Hi,

I have listen to both brands (JMLabs Chorus 725 and B&W 905 I'm not sure). Finally I made my choice with JMLabs. IMO for about the same price they have more «open» sound and a better soundstage. I have a Pioneer Elite 26-TX and I listen 60% music and 40% Movies. If you want to see my «setup» go to Theater area...

Btw, I'm a french speaking person so be nice with my (poor) english...

;-)))

Good luck with your choice!

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
Marantz and the B&W 600 series speakers are a match made in heaven. The really complement each other very well. Go with what YOU like though.

Pete

Thanks for your replies.
I had listened the B&W's 600, and the JMLab´s Chorus 700 series; and finally I decided to go with the JMLab for fronts,rears, and SW(725 front, 710 rear, electra SW33), and B&W for center(CDMC).
IMO JMLab ofers better price/performance relationship than B&W, however both are great speakers.
Thanks again, cya. :D

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Andres, i would recommend getting the same brand of speakers across the front so they will be timbre matched. this is really important and you will notice a difference. get the same brand of speakers for the mains and center.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks