What's new

B&W Mix and Match? (1 Viewer)

Joe Mollura

Stunt Coordinator
After getting the good news that home-owners insurance will be reimbursing for my flood damaged 604s2 I am trying to decide on new mains. I'm thinking about upgrading to CDM 9NT's (I can get them for around $2150) or going with the 604s3. I like the sound of the CDM's better, but that's not to say I don't like the 604's.:confused: Another issue is my center channel which is an LCR6s2. How do you think it will match with the CDM's? Any input would be much appreciated:)

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
That's almost the current set up that I have. Except that I have the CDM1NT's matched with an LCR6 s2. I moved up from 602's. As far as I'm concerned, it sounds fine for HT. I have bigger problems with placement vs. timbre matching.

I can't really comment on music (I don't use DPL2, I like the original 2 channel sound). If you're into SACD or DVD-A, I'd imagine you'd want to go with the CDM center as it's basically a dual ported CDM1NT in a different enclosure.

Although, once I sell of an extra LCR6 I picked up for a bargain, I'll probably move up to the CDMCNT for an even better timbre match. Nice that the MSRP for the CDMCNT is only $100 more than the LCR600 s3. Makes it a no brainer.

I say swing for the CDM9NTs (that's a good deal new!) and the matching center, CDMCNT. Then it's no regrets....or at least get the 9NTs and upgrade the center later if you're out of dough.

Bob

Phil Mays

Second Unit
Ain't it funny how an insurance payoff always cost you way more than your deductable;) .
My insurance claim was about $2,000. so far I have spent about 6 times that, and climbing, since being thrown into this HT thing.
I'm pretty sure it will never stop.
Oh ya, get what you like. If you settle for less, in your mind, you will ultimatly regret it and I bet get it anyway.

David Barteaux

Stunt Coordinator
I tried a B&W Nautilus HTM-2 with my 604's and it sounded fine. I liked it better than my LCR6S2 for both music and movies.

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
I use an NHTM-2 w/DM630's and it sounds very good. Am going to upgrade to the nhtm-1 w/n804's in next month.
Marc

Joe Mollura

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your responses:) Phil, you make a great point about spending more then you get!!! While my heart says go with the CDM 9NT my brain says go with the 604s3. I feel like if I go with the CDM's I probably will want to upgrade the center as well. I have to go back and give both speakers a good listen and decide if the CDM's are worth that much more(almost $1000 after discounts). Any opinions on the 604s3? They have a lower list price then the S2, any ideas why?

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
Joe, seriously look at the CDM7NTs (for $600 less), I had a set in the same home that my dad has a set of CDM9NTs, the only big difference between the 9 is that it produces more bass, so if you have a sub-NO problem, where the 604 is a little bit more of a "muddy" bass in comparison.

then I would get the CDMCnt

I stepped up from the 600 series and can tell you that going from 600s to CDM is a MUCH bigger step than going from CDM to 800 (what I am doing now)

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks