B&W Matrix 803 Series II

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kris Keen, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Kris Keen

Kris Keen Agent

Hi,

These are available in Melbourne, Australia. Considering buying as I've heard much but not read alot.. Does anyone have any reviews or good sources of info on this model?

Currently using 603 S3 B&W's these would be stricly for 2CH with my 600' series for Home Theatre in the other room.

?

Help would be appriecated.. info is hard to find on what I ebleive is a fairly old speaker

2. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

it is an old speaker, I would be willing to bet the 603 is a "better" speaker. My uncle has some of those Matrix and it was a good set up, but I hear the 603 s3 is an amazing speaker for the $$$ (that from a friend of mine who owns a B&W deal, his exact qoute "I would even say they are better than the older Matrix stuff" there you go, hope it helps.

Save your $$$, AND GET THE NEW Nautilus series down the road.

3. Kris Keen

Kris Keen Agent

ie ie caption!

4. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

Uh I doubt that the 6 series is better than the 80 series. Of course, listen to them if you can.

5. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

Bhagi, we are talking about Matrix series built like 10-20 years ago. NOt the NEW stuff or even last generation

6. Kris Keen

Kris Keen Agent

Decided to keep the 603 S3 and not care for the 803. I think I'm best saving for the N803's later down the track of similar [​IMG]