What's new

B&W Leisure Monitor Range 5.1 system (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Fitz

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for a 5.1 system for my family room. It will be used 75% for Home Theater and 25% for music and will likely be mated with a Denon AVR-1803. I am trying to balance cost, performance, size, and looks. My budget for the speakers likely tops out around $1500 Canadian.

I am currently considering the B&W Leisure Monitor Range. The system would be made up of:
Fronts - LM1's
Rears - LM1's
Center - VM1
Sub - AS1

This is a great looking setup that is not too big for my needs (just). The MSRP is $1675 Canadian and my local dealer said he is able to offer 10% off on B&W (haven't pressed yet to see if I can do any better).

I was looking for thoughts on the expected performance of this setup (they were not available for a demo when I was at the dealer). I am a bit worried about using the VM1 as a center - it only has a single driver.

Anyone out there using a similar setup?

FYI - Another system I am considering is the Energy Encore system, but I will have trouble getting it for $1500 Canadian as the MSRP is $2000.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Jeff

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I'm using a pair of LM1s and an AS1 in my bedroom system for music only. Considering the size, price and looks, they're really dandy little speakers.

The AS1 is a clean sounding sub, but it won't ever rumble with the big boys.

I think you've hit upon a very nice sounding array of speakers. If you decide that you need more bass later, you could upgrade the sub or add some type of shaker.

DanielN

Stunt Coordinator
I accidentaly ran into an Energy Encore demo at a local store and I was amazed by the sound and clarity those speakers put out. If I am correct the price was around $1100 US. I would have probably purchased it however I would just want the speakers since im planning on getting an SVS sub.

Jeff_Fitz

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Jim:
The AS1 seems a little underpowered, but its relatively inexpensive. The price is roughly the same as the Energy S8.2, Mirage LF100, and the new PSB SubZero. I wonder if I would be better off with one of those.

Anyone else out there with comments on the B&W Leisure Monitor Range?

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks