B&W LCR60 S3 or 600 S3?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Richard_T, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Ok , I already own a pair or B&W 602 S2 which I use as fronts and a pair or 601 S2 for surrounds. I currently have a CC6 center but have never really been completely satisfied with. I am now looking at either the LCR60 or 600 S3. Is the difference in price between the 600 and the 60 really worth the extra cash? Does anyone own the LCR600 S3 (or S2 for that matter) that can tell me how good it is? Would either of these centers be a big improvement over my CC6? HELP!

2. Mark Danner

Mark Danner Stunt Coordinator

I dont know too much about the CC6 but the LCR 600 is pretty impressive. I would not hesitate to recommend spending the extra cash on one. I love mine. But as always go to the shop yourself and have a listen.

3. Jack Van

Jack Van Auditioning

I did exactly what you are contemplating. I upgraded to the bigger B&W center speaker from the smaller one. I have no regrets. I plays much more cleanly at movie volume and actually matches better, sonically, with the front speakers. As others say, listen to both and see what you think, but I was very pleased.

Jack

4. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Do either of you own the S2 line of speakers which you are using with your S3 center? I'm wondering how well the S3 will match with the S2s that I own.

5. Jack Van

Jack Van Auditioning

Richard;
    I own all S2 speakers. I merely upgraded to the LCR600 S-2 from the smaller center version.
    It matches my 604 S-2's I use as my mains really well. I use the 602 S-2's for the rear channels.
    As a package it sounds quite nice and there is almost never any strain on the system even with the loudest passages.
    I feel that the 600 mates better with the 604' snad the 602's better than the 60 series did.

Jack

6. Joel()Les

Joel()Les Agent

I recently heard the 60 & 600 paired with the 602 S3. The 600 is a little fuller sounding; dialog is a little cleaner. If I had bought the 602s, I was going to buy the 600 as my center channel, even though their website suggests the 60 with the bookshelf speakers.

7. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Well, it looks like it's going to be the LCR 600 S3 then. I'll let you know what I think when I get it