B&W in New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gil D, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor

Anyone have experience with the Camera Shop in Hanover? I saw them listed on B&W's site as an authorized retailer.

gil

2. Marc_E

Marc_E Supporting Actor

If you are in Boston and want to hear B&W you should go to spearit sound on common wealth ave. They have tons in stock all the way to the 801's in all colors. check them out. I got a good quote on N804's if you want me to pass it along.

They are pretty cool over there. I got a good price on my NHTMLII when I got it. They take trade ins and do lay away and have B-stock on a lot of stuff. Trade ins they will give you the orion blue book value on. Very nice!

Marc_E

3. Don P

Don P Auditioning

I haven't dealt with Hanover Camera Shop either as I got my B&W's back in the day of Cookin' but I have been dealing with Natural Sound in Framingham for B&W purchases and repairs. Great guys to do business with, good stock, good prices and they have some interesting trade-in policies.
    Unless you are looking to lose the MA Tax...

4. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor

Marc,
    I haven't been to Spearit since they were Goodwins. What exactly has changed there? Please feel free to email me and pass along the N804 & HTM quotes - Thanks! I didn't know about the layaway plan but do remember something about taking book value for old speaks. Still got 2x their book value for my old Bose at auction [​IMG]
    Don,
    Great guys there at Natural Sound and I know about the 3 year plan. I've found trade up plans aren't a good idea with having to pay full retail towards these pricy hi-end B&W's. I need to save all I can to get the best I can afford, tax notwithstanding - god knows they take enough.
    gil

5. Marc_E

Marc_E Supporting Actor

I do not believe much has changed other than the name.

I emailed you the quotes I got.

Marc

6. Mike Burke

Mike Burke Stunt Coordinator

You could always try to go to their N.Reading office for an audition. I second the recommendation for natural sound. Yes sometimes they might be alittle high but when I was shopping for receivers (when I lived on the N.Shore of MA)I got my Denon AVR3200 $100.00 less then anyone else including Tweeter who price matches. So I look at it this way. If you know that you WILL upgrade your purchase it is more cost effective to pay a little more now and save ALOT more later. I am going to trade in my AVR3200 for a AVR4802 (I hope this month) and I get a new one for less then 1500.00 after trade in makes my 900.00 purchase look awfully good!