What's new

B&W FCM8 as center w/602? (1 Viewer)

KevinWEL

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought a pair of B&W DM 602 S2 for front mains. I heard that the LCR600 vs the LCR60 is the way to go but at $500 plus tax it's hard to get the WAF. I saw a FCM8 at Audiogon for sale ($450 plus shipping) but I wonder if it will mate well with the 602s. Any ideas? :frowning:

Mark.Morris

Auditioning
Kevin,

I just recently purchased the 602s and the LCR60. I had a really good salesman at Marvin Electronics in Fort Worth and he told me to go with the 60 even though he would have made a higher commission with the 600. He said that the 60 was mated closer to the 602s and that the 600 was mated to B&Ws larger floor standing speakers.

BTW, The 60 is outstanding in my setup. Just my 0.02

John_Clement

Auditioning
I also recently purchased the 602 S3's for fronts. I am planning on getting the 601 S3's for rears later this month. Alot of people here say to get the LCR600 over the LCR60, but like Mark, my dealer also recommended me to get the LCR60 for the same reasons, but they did not have a LCR60 set up to hear the difference, so I can't comment first hand. I am going to have to get the LCR60 anyway becasue it fits in my wall unit, the LCR600 is about 1" too long. You may also want to consider your room size and seating distance from center channel. There is a pretty good thread addressing this somewhere on the forum. Also, if you decide on the LCR600, some people will tell you, you might as well upgrade to the CMD CNT for $100 more. Also, you can adjust your settings to get a pretty goood match soundwise between the 602's and the LCR600. Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks