What's new

B&W DM 602 S2 - What Receiver??? (1 Viewer)

JordanG

Auditioning
I'm in the market for a first set of speakers and after listening to many sets in various stores and talking to some people about nice speakers. I've decided to buy a set of DM 602 S2 's. Since I also need a receiver for my home theater setup. Are there certain type of receivers that compliment certain speakers better than others. Basically I'm looking for recommendations on a receiver to buy to go with these speakers, thanks ....

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
Congratulations on a great speaker purchase and welcome to the board. I think the 602 is actually a very versatile speaker and anything from (i'll use denon, since i'm a denon guy) from the 1602 up to the 4802 would work just fine with these speakers... the more money you spend on the receiver, the better these speakers will sound. IMHO The 602s paired with subwoofer and 3802 would provide excellent sound staging and imaging, but the 2802 might be more dollar for dollar bang for the buck.

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Yep, I also use Denon to power my B&Ws.

If you have not yet purchased your 602s, be aware that the new series 3s are hitting the stores as we speak. You can check out their specs and looks at bwspeakers.com. I saw a pair of the new 602s over the weekend. I didn't do a lot of critical listening to them and since they were out of series 2, no comparison done. I haven't seen any reviews of them yet...but you should know about them since you are in the market.

Great speaker choice

Jeremy

Guy_C

Auditioning
It's already been pointed out, but I'd also suggest you look for the Series 3 models before committing to the S2. I've recently bought some 601 S3's, and a friend of mine has the S2's.
We compared at my house last week and the difference was marked. The S3 has a reworked tweeter unit that sounds much sweeter and smooth than the S2 - to my ears the S2 higs always sounded a little shrill and harsh. The S3 also has a braced cabinet and this pays dividends with bass response, the S3's showing more attack and a faster, more taut grip. Plus, they look great in the new light Oak "Sorrento" colourway.
They'll partner very well with a Denon.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks