B&W Dealer discounts - need advice

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Paul Gere, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Paul Gere

Paul Gere Second Unit

I'm podering a B&W purchase (Nautilus line) and for planning purposes, am curious about what (if any) typical dealer discounts off MSRP might be for B&W.

If you've had experience buying B&W from an auth. dealer and would be willing to share % discount (or even a range), I'd be grateful - it would greatly help my budgeting process!

Thanks,
    -P

2. Dennis Heller

Dennis Heller Second Unit

Others will chime in, but I think people around here say 15-20% is common. I was offered 10% without asking when looking at the 600 series.

3. Dan Halchak

Dan Halchak Stunt Coordinator

10% - 15% is the average, anything above is really good!

...anything below...well stinks! [​IMG]

4. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

Also depends on the number of B&W dealers in your area. A steady relationship with a B&W dealer doesn't hurt either. The larger the purchase, the bigger the discount should be.

5. RichardK

RichardK Second Unit

i have received 10%, no more - no less. i have a pretty good relationship with my dealer...a mom&pop store. if i need to save money, i usually ask for interconnects,cables etc for free or steep discounts to sweeten the deal.

6. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

Same here, 10% if it's a current model. If it's an outgoing model, I've received about a 25-30% discount from our local "small" shop by timing it correctly between new releases.

7. ChriS ChaN

ChriS ChaN Auditioning

Here's what my dealer gave me back when I got B&W's:
    For my 601 S3's, I only paid $330 + tax (6%) for a pair, they retail for like $450 a pair I believe? Pretty big discount considering after I used it for about a year, I resold them for the same exact price! I also bought subsequently a ASW300 subwoofer. That thing I didn't get much of a discount, I think I only saved $10 off retail for that. The discounts were probably based on popularity and supply/demand at the time.

8. Paul Chalk

Paul Chalk Stunt Coordinator

I'm lucky enough to live in a city with 2 B&W dealers. I bought a pair 602 S3's from one store and an LCR600 S3 from the other. Since both were competing for my business, I was able to get some decent discounts. I got the 602's at 20% off and the LCR600 at 15% off.

9. BrianAe

BrianAe Second Unit

I imagine it would depend in part on what line you were purchasing. I would think that you could get a bigger discount with the Nautalis line since it is more expensive.

10. Paul Gere

Paul Gere Second Unit

Thanks everyone!
    OK - since my plans remain to buy in the Nautilus lineup, I'll expect 10%. Especailly given that I've got two dealers locally I can negotiate with. For a full surround package, 10% seems VERY reasonable.

Thanks all!
    -Paul