What's new

B&W Dealer discounts - need advice (1 Viewer)

Paul Gere

Second Unit
I'm podering a B&W purchase (Nautilus line) and for planning purposes, am curious about what (if any) typical dealer discounts off MSRP might be for B&W.

If you've had experience buying B&W from an auth. dealer and would be willing to share % discount (or even a range), I'd be grateful - it would greatly help my budgeting process!

Thanks,
-P

Dennis Heller

Second Unit
Others will chime in, but I think people around here say 15-20% is common. I was offered 10% without asking when looking at the 600 series.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Also depends on the number of B&W dealers in your area. A steady relationship with a B&W dealer doesn't hurt either. The larger the purchase, the bigger the discount should be.

RichardK

Second Unit
i have received 10%, no more - no less. i have a pretty good relationship with my dealer...a mom&pop store. if i need to save money, i usually ask for interconnects,cables etc for free or steep discounts to sweeten the deal.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Same here, 10% if it's a current model. If it's an outgoing model, I've received about a 25-30% discount from our local "small" shop by timing it correctly between new releases.

ChriS ChaN

Auditioning
Here's what my dealer gave me back when I got B&W's:
For my 601 S3's, I only paid $330 + tax (6%) for a pair, they retail for like $450 a pair I believe? Pretty big discount considering after I used it for about a year, I resold them for the same exact price! I also bought subsequently a ASW300 subwoofer. That thing I didn't get much of a discount, I think I only saved $10 off retail for that. The discounts were probably based on popularity and supply/demand at the time.

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
I'm lucky enough to live in a city with 2 B&W dealers. I bought a pair 602 S3's from one store and an LCR600 S3 from the other. Since both were competing for my business, I was able to get some decent discounts. I got the 602's at 20% off and the LCR600 at 15% off.

BrianAe

Second Unit
I imagine it would depend in part on what line you were purchasing. I would think that you could get a bigger discount with the Nautalis line since it is more expensive.

Paul Gere

Second Unit
Thanks everyone!
OK - since my plans remain to buy in the Nautilus lineup, I'll expect 10%. Especailly given that I've got two dealers locally I can negotiate with. For a full surround package, 10% seems VERY reasonable.

Thanks all!
-Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks