b&w center channel

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick_T, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Patrick_T

Patrick_T Agent

Does anyone that has the b&w cdm cnt center channel have any experience with placing it on top of a 32" television. I have a sony 32xbr450 and I just noticed the b&w center channel is almost a foot deep...it seems like there is no way this will balance up on my television. Thanks.

Patrick

2. Joseph_W

Joseph_W Stunt Coordinator

Patrick,

I have a CNT and am extremely happy with it. I use rubber door stops to direct it toward the listener (ok, on a larger rptv). There has to be a way!!!

Joe

3. Gordon B

Gordon B Agent

I have a 36" Sony xbr450 and the CNT. I put the speaker below the TV and raised it up a little with rubber feet and the results have been very good.

4. Derrick G

Derrick G Stunt Coordinator

I had this problem with my center channel. I took cut a piece of 3/4 inch birch plywood the same dimensions as my center speaker, painted it black, put rubber feet on the bottom at the front and then put adjustable feet (like the ones on the legs of tables and desks) on the back. This is very stable and cheap to boot. You could also stain the wood to match the wood of the cabinet. This would require stain grade wood which is more expensive, but it would probably look great.

Derrick G.

5. Pete Jennings

Pete Jennings Second Unit

There's always the wall mount option (if you don't mind drilling into a wall stud!). Look at CraigM's post in the middle of this thread on the HomeTheaterSpot.
    Pete