What's new

B&W Center Channel Speaker (1 Viewer)

GregGas

Auditioning
Need suggestions on a center channel. I have 602 S3's for mains and I'm debating on an older higher end Matrix HTM or CDM series or do I stay with a LCR600 s3 or LCR60 s3. I'm looking for the best dialog possible when watching movies. Thanks.

JessPrice

Stunt Coordinator
I too am getting the DM602-S3's and I need help with this as well. I can't decide on what to get - the LC60 or the LC600. I will be in an apartment for 2 years or so, but I don't want to have to upgrade after I move out and into a bigger "theater" room.

Thai_Van

Auditioning
I'd intially purchased the LCR60 to go with the B&W 602 S3. However I took it back and exchange for the LCR600.
The LCR600 sound more dynamic and open. It is very large in size though.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
My HT is 24 X 12 with 10' ceilings (2880 cubic ft) and imo the LCR 600 does very well for me. The clarity, openness and punch the 600 brings to the table on up to reference level warrants the extra cost over the 60. I have not been able to here/demo the HTM or the CDM series though.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
My buddy went with the 60 in combination with 601s all around. He has very high ceilings and oddball angles in his living room and now wishes he had gone for the 600. It seems at times that the center channel is overwhelmed by the other speakers and he therefore has to boost the center channel output. Unfortunately, the levels are never consistent, so he must constantly fiddle with the center channel level.

Arron H

Second Unit
If you do not plan to upgrade the 602s, I'd go with the 600 or a 602 for the center for timbre matching. If you plan to upgrade to CDM or Nautilus down the road, you might want to consider the CDM CNT or HTM centers right now. Especially so if you plan to go CDM down the road since the CDM CNT is only $100 more than the LCR600. A lot of folks mix and match B&W lines.

Kevin Biller

Agent
I have run a CDM-CNT center between a pair of 602's for the last 2 years. To my ears at least it provided excellent clarity and a very seamless sound stage. This is a little taller center though, so make sure you have the room is you go this route.

GregGas

Auditioning
Thanks for the replies. I for sure will go with nothing less than the LCR600, my HT is 15x23 and that should work very well.

Herman S

Agent
I am currently running 602s for the fronts and surrounds and a pair of LCR 600s for the center and rear. I do not regret going to the larger center for a second. My dealer told me that they even stopped pairing the 602s with the LCR 60s because the LCR 600 is a better match.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks