1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

B&W CDM SNT wall mounting brackets

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Abe Morgan, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Abe Morgan

Abe Morgan Auditioning

Has anyone that owns the B&W CDM-SNT surround speakers found a suitable after market wall mounting bracket? According to the local dealer, the brackets that I received with my speakers are "different" than what he has seen in the past. There is a small metal bracket that is mounted on the rear of the speaker just above the terminals. It has a slot in it that I guess is to be placed over a screw that is screwed into a stud. Kind of like hanging a picture frame to the wall. Seems pretty cheap and does not give me any ability to angle one way or the other. Any suggestions?
    Oh, and I would rather not drill any holes into the speaker.

Thanks,
    Abe

2. Joseph_W

Joseph_W Stunt Coordinator

Abe,
    Sorry I missed this when you posted. My CDM SNT is exactly as you described and it's two years old. I mounted it like you said, like a picture frame with a large screw into the stud that can't slip through the hole. It is really fine, the speaker is so heavy it doesn't move any.

I'm sure you have solved this by now, anyway. I hope you enjoy these speakers.

Joe