B&W CDM SNT surrounds

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Makela, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Ken Makela

Ken Makela Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

I've had B&W DS6 surrounds for about 3 years now. I bought them at a really good price knowing full well that I'd replace them eventually. I'm now getting the upgrade itch and I would like to switch to the CDM SNT. The rest of my speakers are CDM 7SE, CDM CSE, and Servo-15 driven by a Rotel receiver (will change that to separates next). What is everyone's opinion on the SNT? Due to the rooms size, I will be mounting these in the same spot as the DS6, on the side and ever so slightly behind the main seating position.

Thanks for your input,

Ken

2. Ken Makela

Ken Makela Stunt Coordinator

Any comments???

3. morrisjones

morrisjones Agent

My CDM SNT surrounds arrive this week, along with a pair of CDM 7NT and a CNT. I won't know 'til they're installed, but I don't imagine you could go far wrong.

Mojo

4. JohnThompson

JohnThompson Stunt Coordinator

John Thompson
    I have two CDM 1Nt's in the front and a CNT and was going to buy either two SNT's or two additional 1NT's. Does anyone have a recommendation either way? The cost is the same.

5. morrisjones

morrisjones Agent

Supposedly they're the same speaker in a different cabinet, with the SNT's more physically suitable for wall mounting. I have a CDM 1SE pair in my living room as a two-channel system, and bought SNT's last week for the theater.
    I think the decision is governed by your mounting options.
    (I got the red cherry ones. [​IMG] )
    Mojo

6. Joseph_W

Joseph_W Stunt Coordinator

I have the SNT's for surround, the 7NTs for main and the CNT for center. I have had them for nearly 18 months and have been extremely happy. They match each other very well. The 1NT's would also work fine, but I don't think I would place them right next to a wall.

I want to add a rear speaker and I plan to buy another SNT, at this point I wouldn't really consider anything else.

Joe

7. morrisjones

morrisjones Agent

My CDM set arrived last night, and they're just sooo gorgeous in red cherry. The sound is stunning too.

I hung the SNTs on the back wall (no where suitable on the sides) and they look and sound great.

After hanging them I connected them to the front speaker terminals on the receiver and played some music through them just to try them out. They sound excellent now, though I get the impression that they'll benefit from some break-in time. You could tell that the bass doesn't reach as low, of course.

Bela Fleck, DVD-Audio, The Bluegrass Sessions, ohhhh my goodness.

Mojo