What's new

B&W and Klipsch (1 Viewer)

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone compared the quality of B&W 602.5 with Klipsch RF35 and B&W 603s with the RF5s.

Price wise they seem to be in a similar range.
How is sound quality Comparision?
How would you rate them between being a Music Stereos versus being a HT stereos?

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
They are very different sounding speakers. I'm a big fan of Klipsch speakers and prefer the sound of horns for music and home theater. With most people you either love or hate the sound of Klipsch so I highly suggest you do what you can do listen to both.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
I have Klipsch Legend in the front(KLF-20 and KLF-C7) and Klipsch Reference in the rear(RS-3II). The Legends are the predecessor to the Reference.

Chris Tabor

Stunt Coordinator
I have heard b&w's not sure which model, it was at the dealer but for their price I couldn't ever justify buying them. In my search for speakers before I had bought klipsch I had auditioned bw, paradigm, infinity, def tech, polk, and so on. In the end I came home with a pair of klipsch rf7's. Basically, if you want to be able to listen to your music LOUD and proud, with excellent clarity and bass then the klipsch are for you.

Mark Danner

Stunt Coordinator
I auditioned B&W, Pardigm, Polk, Klipsch and ended up with the B&W 603's. I loved the forward openess of these speakers. I think they have great mid-range sound. Granted I thought all of them sounded great just that something was missing from all of the others after hearing the B&W's. Paradigm was my second choice.

BenK

Stunt Coordinator
I like both B&W and Klipsch quite a bit. I've owned B&W speakers before but bought some Klipsch reference speakers after listening to them because for me they seem to have more punch and liveliness for music and ht than the B&W's. I also have a good friend with B&W's 600 series with the same receiver as me and as good as it sounds it seems to lack a bit in comparison. B&W's are a very close second on my list. Just personal taste.

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
As stated these two speaker types have very different sounds...obviously the Klipsch being horn-loaded is what makes a big difference.

I have B&W 604 mains, lcr 600 center, and 601 rears...personally I prefer the B&W sound, I find it warmer and not as harsh as Klipsch. Again, it's just my opinion but I feel like the Klipsch are yelling at me...like it's a PA broadcast.

My brother owns Klipsch (not sure which models) and I have auditioned them.

Just listen to both and see which you like better...there really is no A-B statistic comparison.

Good luck, and most importantly, Have Fun!!!:)

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
I listened to HEAVEN Yesterday!!!!

Yes, I was at this dealer for B&W. Auditioned 603s, 604s, and 704s.... The sounded HEAVENLY.

NO Offense meant to Klispch. They sounded pretty good too, but for some reason I found B&Ws sounded more clearer and each of the models were better than their immediate lower ones in the quality. I asked the rep to stop after testing 704s since my budget definitely overshoots 704s itself.

They sounded AWESOME Though!!!

Sean, evnethough I am going in for a Stereo right now, I am planning to expand to a complete HT over a period of time. How does the B&Ws sound in movie environment? what sub you have?

Thanks
Kumar

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Welcome to the B&W family :)

I agree the warmth of B&W can't be matched easily (especially not by Klipsch). As for HT, just imagine that stereo sound, imaged over your entire listening environment. I urge you to timbre match all speakers (this is most easily achieved by buying within the same series...i.e. stay within the 600 series if that's what your mains will be).

HT is just as amazing as stereo, in fact, I don't even listen to stereo much anymore. I often listen to music DVD's recorded in DD 5.1...the sound is amazing.

I currently have an SVS PCi 20-39...awesome sub, and it blends well with the B&W's. I would definitely opt for SVS over B&W's own subs.

Paul D. K.

Stunt Coordinator
Kumar -

Make sure you ask your B&W dealer if he offers buy one get one half off? My dealer ran that special about a month or so ago (Bought two 804's).

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
I haven't auditioned the B&W subs in my home, but I have auditioned them in the store.

Keep in mind my comments are merely my opinion. I used no scientific method of comparing these speakers, just my ears. But if you have similar tastes, it may prove useful. My comparison did contain many variables as the store was running a different preamp/amp than I have and also ran 2 subs.

I concede, the B&W's seemed to have a little more punch during certain scenes that contained bass at mid-level...however, as I stated, there were two of them and it was not very deep bass, in fact, I believe my mains could handle that frequency. My single SVS wins hands down in the gutt-wrenching, teeth-rattling bass that literally shakes the frame of the house; the B&W's couldn't touch it:) I'd also give the SVS the edge in accuracy, the ever desired "wow factor", and all-around value.

The SVS integrated seamlessly...sometimes I forget it's there, I'll turn it off and then listen...then think, "Oh my god, how did I live without this?". Or a scene with some serious bass will come on and I feel like someone hit me in the chest...I grin and look in it's direction.

That's my $.02

Buy one get one for half off...who is your dealer?

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
Buy one get one for half is sooper dooper deal which might even make me think on the higher models
yes who is your dealer, Paul?

:)

Paul D. K.

Stunt Coordinator
Kumar -

What state do you live in? I can check with my dealer and see if he'll ship to you.

Paul

P.S. I tried to PM you but I'm not sure you are set up to receive messages.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I just moved from the B&W 602 S3s and and the LCR 600. Actually I had about 5-6 paragraphs written but lost it all once again with Spell Check:frowning: %$#@#$%^& internet lock anyway! ^&*(*& *&^%$#!!!!! I just turned that function off for good.

I run RF-5 mains, RC-7 center and the RB-35s for surround duty now. Absolutely incredible imo.

I always will like B&W though. I did experience some semblance with B&W in the HT arena that I do not with the Klipsch. I also find that the Klipsch Reference line has a warm quality also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks