What's new

B&W 802 vs Thiel 6 (1 Viewer)

Venkat_r

Auditioning
Hi

I need some input and comparison between these 2 speakers.
Which is better if they are available at the same price.

I will using them in both stereo and surround mode. My room is 22 by 14. I will be buying a moderate/entry priced multi channel amplifier such as Sherbourn 5/5210, ATI2505 or a 2 channel amp to run these speakers.

Please advice

Thanks

Venkat

JamesCB

Second Unit
I would have to say it is completely up to you which sounds better. Only you can decide what you like. Take your favorite CD's/DVD's and listen. Good luck.

PS: If you really want MY opinion, I have not heard those exact models, but I have found B&W to be bright/clinical while the Theils are a bit more musical/natural.

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
Venkat,
I assume you're talking about the 802 Nautilus and the Thiel CS6. These are both very nice speakers. I haven't heard them side-by-side but I was impressed with both in separate listening sessions. For HT, I'd probably give the nod to the B&Ws. Great dynamic range, easy to drive, small footprint. For serious two-channel listening, I would probably go for the Thiels: Outstanding phase coherence and imaging, but you need a serious amp to get the best from them.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Both are excellent speakers. Audition both with material you're familiar with and go from there. Both require very careful selection of electronics to mate with them or they can both be bright and fatiguing. Both like power but the Thiels with their 1st order crossover may need a fair bit more than would be necessary for the B&W's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks