B&W 802 vs Thiel 6

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Venkat_r, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Venkat_r

Venkat_r Auditioning

Hi

I need some input and comparison between these 2 speakers.
    Which is better if they are available at the same price.

I will using them in both stereo and surround mode. My room is 22 by 14. I will be buying a moderate/entry priced multi channel amplifier such as Sherbourn 5/5210, ATI2505 or a 2 channel amp to run these speakers.

Please advice

Thanks

Venkat

2. JamesCB

JamesCB Second Unit

I would have to say it is completely up to you which sounds better. Only you can decide what you like. Take your favorite CD's/DVD's and listen. Good luck.

PS: If you really want MY opinion, I have not heard those exact models, but I have found B&W to be bright/clinical while the Theils are a bit more musical/natural.

3. Dave Milne

Dave Milne Supporting Actor

Venkat,
    I assume you're talking about the 802 Nautilus and the Thiel CS6. These are both very nice speakers. I haven't heard them side-by-side but I was impressed with both in separate listening sessions. For HT, I'd probably give the nod to the B&Ws. Great dynamic range, easy to drive, small footprint. For serious two-channel listening, I would probably go for the Thiels: Outstanding phase coherence and imaging, but you need a serious amp to get the best from them.

4. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

Both are excellent speakers. Audition both with material you're familiar with and go from there. Both require very careful selection of electronics to mate with them or they can both be bright and fatiguing. Both like power but the Thiels with their 1st order crossover may need a fair bit more than would be necessary for the B&W's.