What's new

B&W 604's series 3 or Klipsch RF5 series (1 Viewer)

Joe Bachich

Auditioning
I know someone probably has asked a similar queastion and many responses were buy what is best for you etc.... but I really wanted to hear from people on both sides of the isle. I heard both and they both sounded great. I really just want some basic opinions from people who own them. BTW, I will be using them in a dedicated 11.5 x 22 HT mainy for watching movies. Thanks in advance

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
Joe,

I have a set of Klipsch RF-5's. I could not be happier. My previous setup had the RF-3's in the front, RC-3 center and RS-3's rear/side surrounds. I moved the RF-3's to the rear surround positions purchased the RC-7 center and sold the RC-3.

The RF-5'S definately made an improvement in the way my system sounds. They are not as forward or edgy as the RF-3's, but still have the dynamics for movies that I like. They are also better on music. I have not done a direct comparison with the other speakers you mentioned so I can't comment on the differences.

Good luck with your decision.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I directly compared B&W's 604S2's with comparable Klipsch towers a few years ago. I preferred the B&W sound over the Klipsch horns during two-channel music auditioning. For HT, they both sounded excellent. I ended up with 604S2 mains, 602S2 surrounds and an LCR6 center. I still have the speakers, and still love their sound.

Klipsch makes a quality speaker and has many supporters here and on other forums. They have a distinctive sound that some people love, and other folks do not care for. I fell into the latter category. Let your own ears be the judge.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks