What's new

B&W 604's matched with Arcam AVR300? (1 Viewer)

nathan cashman

Auditioning
Wondering if the 100 watts of the Arcam AVR300 will be enough to credibly power B&W 604 front mains. I've heard they take a large amp to really get them going.

I was originally intending to get a pair of Orpheus Aurora 3's which are an excellent Australian speaker but I have a chance to get a very good quality used set of 604's at a good price.

Both are from the same dealer and of course I'll be listening to both of them before I make my decision, but I'm very interested in getting anyones opinion on the 604's first.

I've read a few threads from a while back where quite a few people advised to get the 602's with a sub instead of the 604's.

I already have an excellent sub and my only choice is between the Aurora 3's and the used 604's.

Thanks, any thoughts will be appreciated.

nc

Shannon S.

Stunt Coordinator
I have an AVR250 with 601's as the mains. I know that these are smaller than your speakers though. My setup sounds really good. If you search the Arcam home page, there is an interesting article about how they rate their power. In essance they state that their wattage is for each separate channel, not all channels driven.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks